~ QUOTE OF THE DAY ~

Misti26

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 10:28 pm
~ QUOTE OF THE DAY ~.~ February 27, 2003

"Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born."

~ Dale E. Turner ~

~ We need to learn to set our course by the stars, not by the lights of every passing ship. ~ Omar Nelson Bradley
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 10:32 pm
~ QUOTE OF THE DAY ~.~ February 28, 2003

"Sincere forgiveness isn't colored with expectations that the other person apologize or
change. Don't worry whether or not they finally understand you. Love them and release
them. Life feeds back truth to people in its own way and time -- just like it does for you
and me."

~ Sara Paddison ~ The Hidden Power of the Heart, (c) 1998, HeartMath

~ Most of us, swimming against the tides of trouble the world knows nothing about, need
only a bit of praise or encouragement -- and we will make the goal. ~

~Jerome P. Fleishman~
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 10:29 pm
~ QUOTE OF THE DAY ~.~ March 1, 2003

"People are afraid when dark clouds gather and thunder clashes. But clouds and thunder
are nothing; they are only the sources of rain for the hot and parched earth. Do not be
afraid of clouds; do not be afraid of difficulties. Keep moving straight ahead. Give your
hand to God, and He will keep you in the light twenty-four hours a day."

~ Baba Virsa Singh ~

~ You've got to jump off cliffs and build your wings on the way down. ~ Ray Bradbury ~
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 11:29 pm
~ QUOTE OF THE DAY ~.~ March 2, 2003

"In life there are many crossroads at which it is necessary to make a decision. Often we
are unsure which path to take, and weigh the pros and cons of each. In the end, however,
it is our intuition that guides us. Do not allow your intuition to be overruled by
reason. It is a wise friend who always knows which way to turn."

~ Unknown Author ~

~ The secret of seeing is to sail on solar wind. Hone and spread your spirit till you
yourself are a sail, translucent, broadside to the merest puff. ~ Annie Dillard ~

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UADfAlMXwZcl3AHcMWd6R4HV!MmxyEvjuhh1KO6zO2g88ePHN0IxKvEurj0f0Eebopw0dgG3LpVgfkI2ktuFsPnnhwbMt7kUNo*49QjtbqlHQtT!GC6UYoyCkxkccJMZ/OCEAN-LEGEND.jpg?dc=4675409970236315323
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 01:17 pm
Wonderful, Misti. Thanks!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 10:35 pm
~ QUOTE OF THE DAY ~.~ March 3, 2003

"There is hope if people will begin to awaken
that spiritual part of themselves ~ that heartfelt
acknowledgement that we are the caretakers
of life on this planet."

~ Brooke Medicine Eagle ~

~ All you have to do is be still and take time to seek for what is within, and you will
surely find it. ~
~ Eileen Caddy ~
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 10:41 pm
~ QUOTE OF THE DAY ~.~ March 4, 2003

"We need a renaissance of wonder. We need to renew, in our hearts and in our souls, the deathless dream, the eternal poetry, the perennial sense that life is miracle and magic."

~ E. Merrill Root ~

FIVE SIMPLE RULES TO BE HAPPY:

Free your heart from hatred
Free your mind from worries
Live simply
Give more
Expect less

~ Unknown author
0 Replies

BillyFalcon

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 05:20 pm
A few lighthearted quotes that I can remember:

"Always remember - there are two sides to every broken window."
Jackie Vernon

"You know, I've been rich and I've been poor. But having lived both ways, let me tell you something from the bottom of my heart . . .
rich is better." Jackie Leonard.

"I refuse to belong to any organization that would accept me as
a member." Groucho Marx (I think)

"He'a having all his books translated into French.
They lose something in the original." James Thurber.

"An optimist sees the glass of water as half full, the pessimist sees it as
half empty. The realist sees it as half full of polluted water."
by I don't know
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 06:12 pm
"It distresses us to return work which is not perfect."
----- Peter O'Toole's possible epitaph

"When a man teaches something he does not know to somebody else who has no aptitude for it, and gives him a certificate of proficiency, the latter has completed the education of a gentleman." George Bernard Shaw
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 06:13 pm
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
Churchill

I have taken more good from alcohol than alcohol has taken from me.
Churchill

Everyone has his day and some days last longer than others.
Churchill

Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.
Churchill

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Churchill

The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.
Churchill
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 06:14 pm
The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time.
-- George Bernard Shaw
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 06:32 pm
All that is necessary for the forces of evil to take foot in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.
-- Edmund Burke
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 09:28 pm
LarryBS, love all your quotes, thanks for adding them:)
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 10:43 pm
~ QUOTE OF THE DAY ~.~ March 5, 2003

"As a holistic being you shatter the illusion of your separateness and reveal your
connection to everything. This empowers you in a way that the ego-driven self could never
contemplate."

~ Wayne Dyer ~

~ Happiness is never stopping to think if you are. ~
~Palmer Sondreal~
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 10:59 pm
"Happiness is the light on the water. The water is cold and dark and deep." ~ William Maxwell

"Ask yourself whether you are happy and you cease to be so. ~ John Stuart Mill

"Happiness is not a possession to be prized. It is a quality of thought, a state of mind." ~ Daphne Du Maurier

"It is better to be happy for a moment and be burned up with beauty than to live a long time and be bored all the while." ~ Don Marquis
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 10:59 pm
"No burden is so heavy for a man to bear as a succession of happy days." ~ Max Muller

"Happiness is the interval between periods of unhappiness." ~ Don Marquis

"If we only wanted to be happy it would be easy; but we want to be happier than other people, which is almost always difficult, since we think them happier than they are." ~ Montesquieu

"Happiness is a matter of one's most ordinary everyday mode of consciousness being busy and lively and unconcerned with self. To be damned is for one's ordinary everyday mode of consciousness to be unremitting agonizing preoccupation with self." ~ Iris Murdoch
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 08:48 pm
LarryBS, wonderful quotes!
0 Replies

analisa roche

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 09:46 pm
"The worst and best are both inclined
To snap like vixens at the truth,
But, O, beware the middle mind
That purrs and never shows a tooth!"
-Elinore Wylie
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 09:52 pm
Thanks Misti, you too!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 10:33 pm
Ash Wednesday
Islamic New Year (Muharram)

~ QUOTE OF THE DAY ~.~ March 6, 2003

Fred Rogers of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood died on February 27, 2003 after a brief battle with stomach cancer. Once, when asked what the greatest event in American history was, he responded:

I can't say, however I suspect that like so many "great" events, it was something very simple and very quiet with little or no fanfare (such as forgiving someone else for a deep hurt) which eventually changed the course of history. The really important "great" things are never the center stage of life's drama. They're always "in the wings." That's why it's
so essential for us to be mindful of the humble and the deep rather than the flashy and the superficial.

~ We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee. ~

~ Marian Wright Edelman ~
(1939-, American Lobbyist on Behalf of Children)
0 Replies