~ QUOTE OF THE DAY ~

Misti26

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2003 10:26 pm
~ QUOTE OF THE DAY ~.~ February 20, 2003

"Be resolutely and faithfully what you are; be humbly what you aspire to be. Man's noblest
gift to man is his sincerity, for it embraces his integrity also."

~ Henry David Thoreau ~

~ The past should be a springboard, not a hammock. ~
~ Ivern Ball ~
0 Replies

analisa roche

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 06:48 pm
[quote="hiama"]Hey ANR great to hear from you I used to bump into you on dear diary I recall. You must be proud of Meg .

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.

~Elizabeth Barrett Browning ~

Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.

~Tom Wilson~[/quote]

Hey, Al, I remember bumping into you on DD as well! I am so proud of Meg. Smile Thanks for the quotes, everyone, I'm really enjoying them.
0 Replies

analisa roche

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 06:51 pm
[quote="Misti26"]Hey ANR, it's so good to see you!

You mean your little girl is walking already? OMG, where did the time go!

I'm delighted to see you've joined A2K, you will enjoy it and we will enjoy your company!
[/quote]

Hey, Misti, good to see you, too! Yes, she's walking...mostly. She's hilarious, she looks like Frankenstein, holding her arms out and tottering around and barely bending her knees. Very Happy I am enjoying A2K, just wish I had more time - not really, though, b/c that would be time away from Meg. Wink
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 08:51 pm
Awwwwwwwwwww, how precious! Those were the days ... I just wish the girls would have stayed babies, they are so adorable and grow up so fast!

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SQCvBMMVzRpenVDBSIpugFBBDMekPlHa6YDrA1X8Kpmu7PUYRRJR16WL*rvvMHeg5!5hIJy8xUzUMihYKiUGMRmdLOetak!zKmLbmuDelluWS0HYslpucA/MIRACLE.bmp?dc=4675367506115982617
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 10:28 pm
~ QUOTE OF THE DAY ~.~ February 21, 2003

"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood and probably themselves will
not be realized. Make big plans; aim high in hope and work, remembering that a noble,
logical diagram once recorded
will never die, but long after we are gone will be a living thing, asserting itself with
ever-growing insistence."

~ Daniel H. Burnham ~

~ Our eyes were put in the front of our heads, so we look to where we are going not to
where we have been. ~ Unknown
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 10:30 pm
~ QUOTE OF THE DAY ~.~ February 22, 2003

"Don't be too harsh with the man that sins or pelt him with word or stone, unless you are
sure - yea, doubly sure that you have no sins of your own.
For you know, perhaps, if the tempter's voice should whisper as soft to you, as it did to
him when he went astray, it might cause you to falter too."

~ Author Unknown ~

~ Because I took a moment to speak
And you took a second to smile
A tiny part of me will leave with you
And a little bit of you will stay. ~

~ Jevan ~
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 02:33 am
Misti and ANR- lovely

If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love. Don't be surly at home, then go out in the street and start grinning 'Good morning' at total strangers.
Maya Angelou
0 Replies

analisa roche

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 02:42 am
Man, Maya Angelou always has awesome stuff to say...and, Misti, even tho you miss your babies, you do know that growing up is what they are supposed to do, & probably means you are doing a few things right?
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 10:20 am
To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right.
--Confucius
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 10:37 am
Hiama, truer words were never spoken! I know so many people like that, they are grouches at home and show a lovely face to the world.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 10:40 am
Yes, ANR, I do know they have to grow up, but sometimes I get flashbacks and wish for another moment like that.

Yes, Maya has some beautiful quotes and poetry. I gave Rae her book of poems for her birthday, she loved it:)
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 12:23 pm
Thats nice Misti,

You know your children are growing up when they stop asking you where they came from and refuse to tell you where they're going.
--P. J. O'Rourke
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2003 12:28 am
~ QUOTE OF THE DAY ~.~ February 23, 2003

"I do not think of all the misery, but of the glory that remains. Go outside into the
fields, nature and the sun, go out and seek happiness in yourself and in God. Think of
the beauty that again and again, discharges itself within and without you and be happy."

~ Anne Frank ~

~ It is the heart that makes a man rich. He is rich according to what he is, not
according to what he has. ~ Henry Ward Beecher ~
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2003 10:54 pm
~ QUOTE OF THE DAY ~.~ February 24, 2003

"No coward soul is mine,
No trembler in the world's storm~troubled sphere:
I see the Heaven's glories shine,
and faith shines equal, arming me from fear."

~ Emily Bronte ~

~ To me, fair friend, you never can be old.
For as you were when first your eye I eyed
Such seems your beauty still. ~

~ William Shakespeare ~ Sonnet 104
0 Replies

analisa roche

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2003 11:18 pm
Al - Confucious, as usual, has said something highly appropriate for our present world situation...
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 02:09 am
Thanks Misti and Analisa:

Lost time is never found again

~Benjamin Franklin~
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 10:39 pm
~ QUOTE OF THE DAY ~.~ February 25, 2003

"You can understand people better if you look at them ~ no matter how old or impressive
they may be ~ as if they are children. For most of us never mature; we simply grow taller
... Happiness comes only when we push our brains and hearts to the farthest reaches of
which we are capable ... The purpose of life is to matter ~ to count, to stand for
something, to have it make a difference that we lived at all."

~ Leo Rosten ~

~ Happy is the man who has broken the chains, which hurt the mind, and has given up
worrying once and for all. ~ Ovid
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 10:41 pm
~ QUOTE OF THE DAY ~.~ February 26, 2003

"You'll get it done, if you start right now. Yes, there's so much to do. The task at the
moment seems insurmountable. But there's no time to worry or fret. Get on with it. Get
started right now. Your actions can take you where your thoughts dare not even dream
you'll go, if you'll get started now. It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be
done. If you wait and worry, nothing will come. Look up, speak up, stand up, and make it
happen. Achievement is in the doing. Don't wait idly for it to be delivered - that
delivery will never come. Do what
you can right now, no matter how little it may seem to be. There is something you can do.
Though you can think of a thousand reasons not to, start now, and you're on your way."

~ Ralph Marston ~

~ The sturdiest tree is not found in the shelter of the forest but high upon some rocky
crag, where its daily battle with the elements shapes it into a thing of beauty. ~

~Author Unknown~
0 Replies

analisa roche

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 10:49 pm
"You can do anything for 15 minutes." -FLYLady FLYLady
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 03:02 am
Analisa,

Would that I could !!

Anno domini prevents me I am afraid.

People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered; Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway. If you are successful you will win some false friends and true enemies; Succeed anyway. If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; Be honest and frank anyway. What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; Build anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; Be happy anyway. The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; Give the world the best you've got anyway You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; It was never between you and them anyway.
--Mother Teresa
0 Replies