Lash

Mon 6 May, 2019 05:15 pm
And, I really like Varys. More than Dany.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 6 May, 2019 05:17 pm
Varys is a trouble maker and a slimy little spider. Worse than Littlefinger in my opinion
Lash

Mon 6 May, 2019 05:21 pm
@McGentrix,
That’s so funny! I’m convinced that if anyone is really scouring the world for an honest broker—and is the least egocentric in bias—it’s Varys.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Mon 6 May, 2019 05:30 pm
@McGentrix,
I disagree. I think Varys is a hero here. He is the person looking for what is right.

0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 6 May, 2019 07:19 pm
What is right for him and his slanted world view. He gains sympathy being a eunuch, he is exceedingly smart and charming and plays up the sympathies of those around him. Yet who is whispering in the ears of the rabble when a monarch does something Varys disagrees with? Varys.

He is a snake in the grass and started this whole bloody affair.
maxdancona

Mon 6 May, 2019 07:32 pm
@McGentrix,
Don't you think this particular monarch is acting a little bit tyranty?

I am not a big fan of Daenerys right now.

McGentrix

Mon 6 May, 2019 10:05 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Don't you think this particular monarch is acting a little bit tyranty?

I am not a big fan of Daenerys right now.

You're happy with Cersei then?
izzythepush

Mon 6 May, 2019 11:37 pm
@McGentrix,
He is someone who cares for the realm, the little people, and he's been consistent throughout.
izzythepush

Mon 6 May, 2019 11:40 pm
@Lash,
She crucified a load of masters. She uses fire as a weapon not so much a form of execution, that's Mellisandre.
Lash

Tue 7 May, 2019 02:14 am
@izzythepush,
She burned the Tarlys.
Lash

Tue 7 May, 2019 02:20 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

He is someone who cares for the realm, the little people, and he's been consistent throughout.

This is my view, as well. Varys has given a couple of pretty impassioned speeches about the rights of the little people to have enough bread on the table and freedom from unnecessary wars.

He just risked his life tipping Dany off that he’s displeased with her plan to burn King’s Landing.

Next to Sean Bean and Jon, he’s the good guy to me though he has craftier methods.
izzythepush

Tue 7 May, 2019 03:31 am
@Lash,
On the battlefield, pretty much in the heat of the moment. I know the battle was over but blood was still up.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 7 May, 2019 03:33 am
@Lash,
Varys is true to where he came from he was a slave sold to a magician and castrated, he care for the small people.

Btw, you've not answered my question on the Markle thread.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Tue 7 May, 2019 07:26 am
@McGentrix,
I can't dislike them both?

Jon is a far better leader; more just and less vindictive.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Tue 7 May, 2019 07:28 am
How many major characters will be killed by Arya in the last two episodes?

I am guessing 2 (and that may be low).
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 10 May, 2019 11:25 am
Some thoughts on the last episode. Jon's speech was incredibly modern, not only did he not take any credit himself, he didn't give any to anyone there. All the glory, all the honour, all the credit, everything was given full square to the dead. It was reminiscent of Remembrance Day speeches.

They played the dragons very well. We knew one had survived but there a big question mark over the other one. Then you see them together and it's good news, she's got two dragons, for all of an ad break. Next thing it's shot down.
Lash

Fri 10 May, 2019 11:41 am
@izzythepush,
During Jon’s speech, I flashed on Henry V.
izzythepush

Fri 10 May, 2019 01:16 pm
@Lash,
You mean the bit about St Crispin's Day, and what they'll be doing on future Crispin's Days?
Lash

Fri 10 May, 2019 03:00 pm
@izzythepush,
Yeah. Jon seemed to lean to that, I thought. Actually, felt like a transparent nod to

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

But, he gave all that glory to the ones who died.
Lash

Fri 10 May, 2019 03:16 pm
I had a hard time imagining Cersei wouldn’t stick an arrow through Tyrion or Dany, for that matter, when it was so easy.

I had a hard time believing Dany was idiotic enough to stand in formation, close enough for murder in the last episode. The main problem I have with shows is when something that has been established is thrown out of the window to cheaply forward the plot. The last episode pissed me off. I know Drogon was pretty far afield, but after losing Rhaegar, I’d be damned if my baby was anywhere near that castle wall. I certainly wouldn’t have been, nor would be my Hand.

I know the writers needed Dany to see Misandre’s execution, but make it believable.

Anyway...
0 Replies