Anyone remember "Captain Planet"?

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 11:13 pm
Yes, I know that the show was completely biased and politically correct, but its the only thing I watched for like a whole year when I was little.

I never actually learned anything from it... really just to not be the stupid American kid when I travel abroad Laughing

Actually, I was wondering if people ever really liked this show? Was it popular? Who was your favorite character? Do you have an episode you remember in particular? I wonder... is it possible to get it on tape/dvd? I've been doing that lately, I have the My Little Ponys and GI Joes, too! Ahhh... what we do to keep our childhoods alive! Shocked

I saw an episode with the water girl in it, saving some dolphins from being trained by remote collers... only thing is, it infuriated me!! I'm a dog trainer now, and I USE remote collers if the dogs personality needs them, but this show set me off as the bad guy!!! I was so pissed!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,204 • Replies: 11
No top replies

NeoGuin

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 08:30 am
I remember it, I thought I was a cool idea.

You need to remember it was written when Ted Turner really believed he could "Save The World".
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 08:31 pm
oh man.. Captian Planet... what a show... WIND WATER EARTH FIRE HEART... heart? what the heck... heheh... i had a thing for foreign girls so i was always down with the russian chick when i was little. Smile i thought it was a good show to watch when my other cartoons were reruns. Smile
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 01:43 am
Captain Planet, he's our hero
Gonna tear pollution down to zero
um....
Al villano vencerá
Y al planeta tierra salvará

We're the planeteers, you can be one too
cause saving the planet is the thing to do
something and polluting is not the way
hear what captain planet has to say

The power is yours!

I don't remember it at all.....
0 Replies

Ghostcat

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 02:06 am
Al villano vencerá
Y al planeta tierra salvará ?!?!

What the heck?!
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 03:11 am
well.. I remembered the spanish lyrics for that part, strange thing is I don't remember anything else in spanish
0 Replies

pink thespian13

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 06:15 pm
... By your powers combined I am... CAPTAIN PLANET!!!
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 01:48 pm
Yep, ahh old environmental cartoons. I still remember that thing that they do at the end. Pretty cool. Laughing Seriously Cool
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:20 pm
really a great show... i miss it
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:51 pm
Oh, sh*t!! I remember Captain Planet. Am I like the only one who actually saw this outside the US? I also do remember playing with My little pony too... GI Joes and Care Bears were a bit older than me, but still very close...
Does this mean that we're in the similar age range? It's hard to tell here on a2k.

Here's my all time favorte : Dungeons & Dragon. I never got over the fact that they didn't produce Requiem.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:54 pm
well im 22 so you can go from there... i love GI Joes.. and Dino Riders... and silver hawks... and VOLTRON!!
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 03:00 pm
Yoohoo, I know the spanish version of the song here so I did see it outside of the US. Wink

My parents tell me I used to be into GI Joes when I was 3 and I vaguely remember Care Bears because I was too young at the time, so I vote yes on whether we are in the same age range.
0 Replies