Insurance companies

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 05:22 pm
My car was broken into, and I've not been too pleased with the response from Progressive.

Since my policy expires in a few days I figured I might as well vote with my feet.

So, what are the main insurance companies that I should get quotes from?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,162 • Replies: 6
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 05:25 pm
State Farm is usually rated close to the top, but I can't tell you why.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 05:39 pm
Thanks, so far I have:

State Farm
21st Century
GEICO
All State

If there are any other bigones please post them.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 05:42 pm
Nationwide has been good to me, but I can't vouch for their rates compared to other companies...
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 05:53 pm
You could check with Allstate and Mutual of Omaha too. I used State Farm up until ablout 5 years ago and always liked them but I got slightly better rates from USAA (you have to have a military connection to use USAA though..)

Go to a few "Independent Insurance Agents" in your area and let them figure out the best deal for you. Smile
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 06:53 am
I used to work for Liberty Mutual. They are expensive but they are another option.

I don't think Plymouth Rock Assurance (another former employer o' mine) writes policies in Calif. but that's another name.

Essentially, start by just looking in the phone book.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 07:45 am
Here is a site where you can get auto insurance quotes, and find out who insures in your state. Forbes has named the site "The Best of The Web".

http://www.insure.com/index.html#auto
0 Replies