The Wire

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 10:19 am
Apologies if this is a repeat of another thread, but I wasn't able to find any current discussions of my current favorite tv show, The Wire.

Anybody else love the show? Anybody know what Stringer called the cops about? I'm thinking he needs to get rid of Avon ASAP, so maybe he called them on him.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 856 • Replies: 9
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 11:47 am
I'm I really the only person on A2K who watches this show? I thought it was the greatest thing on cable.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 11:54 am
i've heard it was good. I 've never see it but people say great things about it.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 08:53 am
Well, Sunday's episode was a doozy. I really thought Stringer was going to get Avon first but it looks like Avon has a brain after all. Too bad. String was one of my favorite characters. Then again, I really liked the union boss of last season that got wacked in the end, so I guess there's a pattern.

I love Major Colvin. He is totally the hero of the show.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 12:55 pm
I like it, but was more interested when they were investigating the smuggler ring on the docks.

Drug busts and drug wars have been done so many times it's kind of old.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 01:03 pm
Oh, you didn't see the whole season, then?

I also really liked the first season. But this one had some doozies. Major Colvin's drug enforcement experiment, the conflict between Stringer and Avon, Omar just being Omar.

Did you see the final episode? McNulty walks a beat -- awesome.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 01:33 pm
Yeah, I've been watching every week, not saying it isn't good or the behind the scenes politics of the police force and polticians isn't interesting.

Didn't see the first season but try to catch reruns.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 01:35 pm
How'd you like the finale? I don't know why, but I was surprised that Stringer got it before Avon. I was sure Stringer was about to get rid of him so that he could do his business. I shouldn't have been surprised since it follows the pattern of the first season with Zobotka getting whacked in the end.

A new season of Carnivale starts soon, and Deadwood soon after. I have to say that I love HBO.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 02:05 pm
Liked it, I was surprised too by Stringer's death, he and Avon were on a different road. Ironic that Stringer ran the business all tha time Avon was in prison and he survived it only to get snuffed.

Wonder if Avon will ever find out about Stringer sleeping with his woman...

Oh, I can't wait for Carnivale and Deadwood to start, my TV never goes below the movie channels.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 02:15 pm
Did Stringer sleep with Avon's gf? I thought that was Dee's widow/gf. I have to admit I laughed when McNulty made sure that Avon saw Stringer's name on the search warrant.

I can't wait for Deadwood to start so I can get some new quotes for my sig line.
0 Replies