"Hollow Man," or "Dawn of the Dead, Director's Cut," anyone?

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 07:02 am
I'm looking for reviews, recommendations... like, would a 13 year old girl like either of them? I went Black Friday shopping with my friend's 12 year old thinking she would know my 13 year old's taste, but after reading the Walmart site's blurb on the products (which I paid only $7.88 for each, what a deal, maybe) I am thinking that my friend's girl is more of a goth girl and mine is a sporty future preppy happy child who will wonder WHAT mom was thinking if she gets those 2 movies... although she did enjoy "The Grudge," most recently... that is before enjoying "Polar Express"... and my own taste goes more along the lines of mystery/thrillers... Shocked Should I reassign either of the movies to be gifted to the freshman college boy we need to buy for who just broke his collar bone? Or my 13 year old's 13 year old boy friend (not a boyfriend, but a friend who is a boy... Confused) Or my 22 year old who is moving back to the mainland and needs lightweight presents (but prefers money) or to my boy in Afghanistan who has a dvd player and is hard to buy for... HELP! Exclamation
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 694 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Paaskynen

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 04:30 am
I didn't see Dawn of the Dead, but I thought Hollow Man was a hollow flick, with lots of attention to the SFX but a very poor story.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 05:31 am
Have not seen either of those films. Whenever I want to see, or buy a film, I check them out at these two sites:

http://www.imdb.com/

http://www.mrqe.com/lookup
0 Replies

Mr Bain

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 09:55 am
"Hollow Man" is a movie the critics soundly ridiculed, and I am in firm agreement with them.
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 08:49 am
I have now also seen the Dawn of the Dead and it is on a level with Hollow Man, boring and predictable (and people doing annoyingly stupid things).
0 Replies