Acura Vigor 94 Electrical problem

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 01:15 pm
Hi folks my name is Amit. I dont know much about cars, but I have potential to fix them myself if I know what is to be done. This is where I need HELP.

My car has following eletrical problems:
1. Day time running light not working.
2 Heated Seats not working
3 Side mirror defoger not working.
4. Blower fan not working. This is the one I am most concerned about and who so ever I took it to get repaired quoted me not less then $1500. They told me most probably the fan motor is no good and in order to change it they have to take the whole dash board out. I want to do this my self can any one guide me to a site or book where I could know what I am suppose to do?

All replies and any Help is highly appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,359 • Replies: 1
No top replies

curtis73

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 11:25 am
First go through and check every fuse. There is probably one panel under the dash and one under the hood. It doesn't matter if the fuse you check is marked "taillights" it could affect other circuits. Some of the items in the fuse panels will be bigger boxes; either circuit breakers or relays. The circuit breakers are like fuses, but used on bigger draw items like power windows and possibly DRLs. They can be tested with a multimeter that does Ohms. The relays provide lots of clean electricity to the fuses and options. I suggest buying one new relay and using it to switch out the existing relays one by one. That's just easier than testing the relays to see if they're bad.

If you do all of that and it still doesn't work, get into the nooks and crannies of the dash and under the hood. Each set of electrical items has a ground point on the car. A good shop manual will list where they are. For instance, on my BMW, there is a screw into sheet metal with 5 wires grounding to it. The manual tells me that it is the ground point for the radio, dash lights, and cigarrette lighter. Check every ground you find for corrosion or loose connections.

My guess is that its either a circuit breaker or a relay. These are all relatively high-draw items and may be fed from the same relay.
0 Replies