Sketch of president Ford (minus the face)

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 05:30 pm
This is my first sketch that actually looks lifelike, the photo took away from some of the shading and such but it still looks pretty good. I surprised myself because every other sketch i make doesn't look real at all. One thing that may have helped is that i don't have to draw any hands for this picture.Tell me what you think.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UQCNAg4ZfxUz!kZHm*cIUqVo0PQbZwqdR1DZZB!G4pLXoORyZUmuXyZSHJ4E84IJBKzvPfn5pyIKNdj8S9z0TQ9mQo*SJufRBfht2vUIxvtEH*mbcFMN*vPWsuoHuX5G/vested%20suit1.JPG
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 621 • Replies: 4
No top replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 05:31 pm
There's no face in the picture because I didn't draw one.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 12:03 pm
Nice work Carbon...you are going about this the right way. Now let's see what you can do with the face
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 12:06 pm
Thanks Stuh. It's always good to get input. I'm gunna keep trying the face. No faces seem to match the body though. The face I was working off of originally just doesn't seem to work for me. I'll repost when I get the face in there.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 11:37 pm
You're not a professional, neither am I, so don't try to think like one -- don't get discouraged if you can't draw faces, don't try to make something that will impress the forum members, just make it all the way through. Just concentrate on that. If it looks bad, we can help you adjust your methods so the next one will be better. But most importantly, you need to not skip the hard parts...do everything completely.
0 Replies