Margaret Cho makes her London debut November 30th

Katy

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 07:29 am
Award-winning American comic Margaret Cho is set to make her London stage debut with her politically charged show 'State of Emergency'.

The stand-up comedian will appear at the New Players' Theatre beginning Nov. 30, with an opening night on Dec. 1.

A big name in the U.S., where she has been hailed as "one of the funniest comedians in America" by the New York Times and "the patron saint of anyone who ever felt like an outsider" by the Washington Post, Cho is far less well-known in the UK. With political theatre all the rage in London, Cho is well positioned to create a stir.

A highly vocal critic of President Bush, Cho has been heckled and even had a microphone switched off during one of her performances. She is inundated with hate mail because of her attacks on the White House. But her internet blog (at margaretcho.com/blog) is read by over 10,000 people every day. And her last concert tour, entitled 'Revolution', grossed over $4 million in ticket sales, played in over 60 cities and has just been released on DVD (the CD version netted a Grammy nomination).

Cho is becoming something of an industry in America. The DVDs of her shows Notorious C.H.O. and I'm The One That I Want were the number 1 and number 3 top-selling stand-up comedy DVDs on Amazon.com.

tickets available through ticketmaster.co.uk
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 952 • Replies: 1
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 09:02 am
I wish her success. I like Margaret Cho very much.
0 Replies