How Do You Want Me?

Katy

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 03:58 am
Does anyone remember this show? It was on (in the UK) in 1998 or '99 on BBC2. Starred Dylan Moran and (the late) Charlotte Coleman (the former of 'Black Books' and 'Shaun of the Dead' fame, the latter of 'Four Weddings & A Funeral' and 'Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit' fame.)

It was a wonderful show. Very sweet, VERY subtle, very very funny.. yet still quite dark. The two leads (and the supporting cast) were excellent. Very believable and genuinely funny.

It's a great shame it's not out on DVD. And it's a shame so few people (apparently) saw it. Such a waste! Yet shows that are (in my opinion) quite similar in style, tone and intent (such as 'The Office' and 'Spaced'), that came along a couple of years later, have become such huge cult hits... 'How Do You Want Me?' was as good if not slightly better than 'The Office' and 'The League of Gentlemen' (for example) yet hardly anyone remembers the former.

Anyway, is anyone else a fan of this show? I'm thinking of writing to the BBC to request they re-show it or release it on DVD...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 990 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Katy

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 07:09 am
There's actually a petition going at PetitionOnline.com to get it released on DVD..

http://www.petitiononline.com/hdywm01/petition.html
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 08:03 am
I don't think this show ever made it to Canadian shores, but it sounds great! I'd love to see it.
0 Replies

Suzardos

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 08:25 am
How do you want me?
Oh my god! I thought my friends and I were the only ones who remembered this fanatstic series! We've been moaning for ages that it hasn't been released on DVD. We'll now go and lend our support to the campaign.
0 Replies