Help! I lost my diabetic-type cookie recipes!

boomerang

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 03:48 pm
Okay, here is my review:

I've made the almond cookies before and I really like them, they're really light and tasty. If you've never baked with almond flour before you should try it in some recipes. You can replace up to a fourth of a cup of flour with ground almonds (or you can buy almond flour in the health foods section). It lends a nice flavor.

I only had enough molassas to make one of the ginger recipes so I made the sour cream ginger cookies. They are really light and fluffy - kind of a nice surprise in a molassas cookie. They're not very spicy though so I would probably double up on the spices next time.

The wheat fruit cookies were a flop. They tasted okay but the recipe needs some tweaking - it was really dry batter and the cookies just crumbled. I think I should have juiced the orange that I used the peel from and added the juice to the batter for a bit more moisture.

I made some substitutions on the chewy coconut bars. I didn't have maple flavoring so I left that out. I used craisins (dried cranberries) instead of raisins. These cookies really turned out pretty good! I think I'd leave out the maple and maybe add some grated lemon peel next time.

I used to have this great cookie recipe that used cornmeal - its one of the ones I can't find. I'm going to go on an internet search for something similar. If I find it, I'll post it.

Thank you all for your help.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 03:50 pm
pssssssst

go over to taunton.com, look into cooks talk

do a search on diabetic recipes - or just post the question - they'll send you to the right threads
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 03:51 pm
Thanks eBeth! I'll check it out.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 05:44 pm
I was just checking back for the link eBeth left and thought I would pass this on... although it is probably my own wierdness but I am always looking for alternative crusts for things.

I think those sour cream ginger cookies would make a great crust for cheescakes - pumpkin cheescake maybe - or an apple tart. I might have to try that for Christmas this year!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 06:30 pm
Try making a cinnamon cookie variant - and crushing those for pie crusts - mmmmmmmmm
0 Replies