Electric service line contact

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 06:10 pm
Hi just a question I need to replace\update my wiring to my electric range. I have everything I need but when I went to do it I opened the panel and noticed that one leg was routed under the service lines that go to the main breaker. In order for me to remove the old wire I may end up touching the insulated part of the service lines am I toast or OK as long as I don't touch the lugs. I really don't want to pull the meter if I can help it. Other than that the rest is fine it's all new and mostly installed by me I have roughly 2800 hrs in the trade but it's been so long I just can't remember. The service lines dropped in are #4 aluminum please refresh my memory thank you in advance ---Rich
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 545 • Replies: 1
No top replies

cfelty79

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2017 11:22 pm
@Slipknotter1,
You can take the old wires off the breaker and just wire nut them off but if you do remove the old circuit completely just don't touch the lugs or the bare wire that's stripped back near the lugs. I hope this helps
0 Replies