What Denomination Will Have The Most Members In Heaven?

husker

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 11:48 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Actually, Christians have the least chance of getting into heaven. They've been responsible too many of the sins described in the bible. If I had to bet my last dollar, I'd choose the buddhist. You see, a Buddhist can become Buddha, but a Christian can never become god - and that's been proven over the ages.

and it's proven you can become Buddha?
0 Replies

Rancid

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 02:42 pm
Quote:
Well, look at it this way. If we assume (I realize this may be a big "if") that there are spirits, and that they can see and feel like we do, then what about blind people? If the spirit is capable of sight, but their physical eyes are damaged, then why can't they still see? Apparently the body can hamper the spirit. Just as if I wore a suit of armor without slits cut in the helmet for my eyes. Well, that's a silly example, but how could a spirit meet it's functions if it wasn't in a body capable of the same functions?

So, when something goes wrong with the body, say chemically in the brain, it might prevent the spirit from acting in its natural capacity. This isn't doctrine, I'm just playing around with the logistics. Of course, if you don't believe in a spirit, then it sounds silly no matter how I try to word it.

Something that is doctrine in my church, is that God doesn't do "magic." Spirits are actually physical, that is, made up of the same stuff we are, however they simply operate in a way we don't understand or see.

If I were able to travel back in time with a couple of cell phones, no one would understand how they could hear me when I wasn't physically there. I'm just using principles they aren't aware of, but it would seem as if I were defying physics.

I see what you're trying to say, but if we have a spirit that does all the same things our bodies do, why have a body? People will say anything and make up any theory to try and legitimise something they WANT to believe. As long as you want to believe, you always will. The same is true if you DONT want to believe.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 02:43 pm
You'll need to ask the many buddhists in this world whether they have achieved buddha.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 03:18 pm
Well, at least we know that Christians do a good job of sending their own to "heaven."

Church shooting baffles US police

Members of the church observe the Sabbath on Saturdays
US police are struggling to establish a motive for a shooting spree at an evangelical church service that killed eight people, including the gunman.
Terry Ratzmann, 44, shot dead seven churchgoers in Brookfield, Wisconsin, before turning the gun on himself.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 06:47 pm
[/quote]

I see what you're trying to say, but if we have a spirit that does all the same things our bodies do, why have a body? People will say anything and make up any theory to try and legitimise something they WANT to believe. As long as you want to believe, you always will. The same is true if you DONT want to believe.[/quote]

You're right. Not much I can say about that, but yeah, you're very right.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 11:11 am
Anybody else surprised how long this topic has remained active? Bear knows I'm a big fan, but I doubt if he saw this thread turning out like it did.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 12:29 pm
I am now the High Priest of the Great church of Throbbism.
0 Replies