ossobuco

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 11:49 am
I thought I had posted that before and I did.. sorry for the double.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 09:39 pm
Lacey is very petite, delicate, cuddly and lovable... ergo, the name Lacey:)

Rae went to bed early, so I guess we're not getting pics tonight either:( Gotta have a talk with that gal!

We were told she's about 8 mos., but I suspect she's younger, by maybe 3 mos.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 09:45 pm
Little thing tuckered her out did it? Thats great Smile
We can wait for pics, no problem.
Funny how they always seem to turn out younger than you're told. Rolling Eyes
Glad to hear all are happy!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 10:30 pm
Quinn, I am pretty sure it was her job that tuckered her out:)

Lacey slept under her bed until 4:30 a.m., then climbed on Rae's keyboard at which point Rae woke up and took her into bed. She lay there purring and just loving being loved.

They're such cutie pies!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 08:39 pm
Okay, Sunday night Lacey woke me up at 4:30 a.m., last night she woke me up at 2:30 a.m.

I petted her and played with her for about an hour until she decided that she was hungry.....While she was off eating, I got comfortable again.

<visual - there is a fan at the foot of my bed - Lacey's litter box is directly underneath and behind the fan.....>

While I was getting comfortable, Lacey was doing her business.

I swear - my eyes were watering from the eau de kittie. The whole time I kept praying that she had enough sense to cover up her, ahem, 'stuff', which she did.....thank the heavens.

Mom stayed home today ~ cuz she could, plus we had a furniture delivery. Lacey did not come out from underneath my bed until I came home and called for her.....I'm pretty sure we've bonded.

She's behind me right now, watching every move, propped up on three pillows ~ as a princess of her caliper should be.....

Paddy is still trying to befriend Lacey, although she wants nothing to do with him just yet. She feels comfortable leaving my bedroom, but has to be 'rescued' when Paddy corners her. Paddy hasn't shown the slightest bit of animosity towards her and we're hoping that they'll hit it off..... eventually.....!

Wish you could hear her purring right now.....Amazing she doesn't wake herself up!

Awwwwww jeez.....she's out cold now.....and still purring.....

Happy girl.....happy kitty.

All is right with the world.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 08:53 pm
and all is well with the world...yep, thats the ticket
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 08:54 pm
aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 08:59 pm
Poor Paddy, all he wants to do is be friends, and Lacey keeps hissing at him and running away from him.

He's taking it really well!

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WADeAjQZQDVuxYijxa8hboQHyutpC8*r!XftEYcehQc8EKleJAcfOGbcfYYeU9pcnMq9hnIcleBfFoKuLuIINsR5OLXarR1RGaYozPoK2XLQUbWHdP9cwMHxD1RwddCpRgAAAP****8/AA-WUV-YOU-CATS0.jpg?dc=4675408460344321306
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 09:03 pm
Mine were the other way around, and although it still happens today...they also curl up and sleep with each other, clean each other, play with each other...just like siblings I suppose....
Im sure theres lotsa love behind all that...somewhere.
She'll come through...Im sure.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 09:05 pm
Lordy, I hope so!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 09:35 pm
It's probably the same kind of conversational hissing that Nermal and Barney went through. When I go out to feed the yard cats, Freeloader runs up, hisses, and leads me back to the dishes. I don't think it means a thing.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 09:43 pm
Hi Roger! The hissing from Lacey doesn't appear to have much of an influence on Paddy ~ he is sincerely curious.....the fact that his hair doesn't stand at attention now convinces me that he really just wants to be 'friends'.

It's gonna take some time. That's all there is to it.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 08:00 am
Rae! congrats on your addition!

Hearing your cat purring for no apparent resaon, makes so much fun, and can de-stress you in secs!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 09:45 pm
BD, you've got that right!

We're hoping we still have enough time to hone up both Paddy and Lacey's manners for you'all!

Are you bringing yours?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 10:01 pm
do we have baby photos yet? or do we have to wait for BigDice to get there with his camera?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 10:02 pm
Sigh..... still no pix....
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 10:06 pm
I tried, to get the pics to you, but Rae got a little miffed at me cuz she just didn't have time tonight. Yikes!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 11:11 am
Misti, I would love to bring Nisse and Mysan. But Kerstin our catsitter and Susanne our neighbor are desperately waiting for us to go on vacation so they can play with them. Oh well, they will stay at home and be spoiled!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 03:23 pm
urs53 I used to cat sit for friends with nine cats and I have to tell you I was happy when they traveled I love all those cats.

Congratulations Rae on the new addition. It take some time but not long for them to adjust and of course Paddy it top DOG - but he sounds like he is doing really well adjusting.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 04:40 pm
Thought I could post a pic, turned out I was wrong!
0 Replies