Do you fear death?

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2017 09:33 am
Do you fear death given the below words?

Quote:
Death, Process. Suffering, Sorrow, Grief, Anger, Hate, Love, God, Afterlife, Heaven, Hell The unknown, Eternity.

Sturgis

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2017 10:49 am
@Alan McDougall,
No. What good does fear do any of us? A moment of trepidation is fine, it gives pause and time to look and examine. After that, you are wasting energy and valuable time.
0 Replies

seac

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2017 04:12 pm
@Alan McDougall,
I watched my father die of cancer over 30 years ago. Now my mother is dying of old age. I can see that death is not to be feared. It seems to be welcomed in such situations.
roger

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2017 04:57 pm
@seac,
Death is more or less okay, but they dying part can be horrible.
Alan McDougall

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 09:46 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Death is more or less okay, but they dying part can be horrible.

Someone quoted I really like the idea of heaven but hate having to die to get there.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 10:00 pm
@Alan McDougall,
I would like to say "No" in a cavalier sort of nonchalant off hand way, but I would be lying. I fear death. Maybe when I'm old and have had more time to think about it I won't, but as of right now I do.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2017 01:30 am
I don't fear death, the idea of obliteration. I'd certainly be a coward about a painful death, if it were a lingering effect.

0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2017 04:17 am
Quote:
Death, Process. Suffering, Sorrow, Grief, Anger, Hate, Love, God, Afterlife, Heaven, Hell The unknown, Eternity.

Those words were compiled by someone who fears life.
Foofie

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2017 01:44 pm
@Alan McDougall,
All your ancestors did not die, since you are here as a doppleganger made of their DNA.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2017 04:29 pm
@Alan McDougall,
"I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens."
Woody Allen
0 Replies

1Peter

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2017 06:42 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Death cannot be experienced.
If there is no life after death, then you can't experience death because you are dead.
If there is life after death, then you won't experience death because your not dead.

Fear is a story fabricated by the mind to preserve its fabricated identity.
Thomas33

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 08:31 pm
Yes, but the idea that death can't be prepared for is probably what makes the fear tolerable
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 09:21 pm
@1Peter,
Quote:

A long time ago in forum far, far away, a friend told me that fear and anxiety are the result of a misapprehension of reality. And then we fought to the death over the point.
Alan McDougall

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2017 09:03 am
@seac,
seac wrote:

I watched my father die of cancer over 30 years ago. Now my mother is dying of old age. I can see that death is not to be feared. It seems to be welcomed in such situations.

I am deeply saddened by the passing of your Dad and now facing the same thing with your beloved mother and I agree that with them it was/will be a blessed relief from suffering.

But are you not viewing the situation from your point of view rather than theirs?

0 Replies

chirchri

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2017 09:51 pm
I used to say that I didn't fear death, thought it made me seem more "self-actualized" or something to say that. The truth is that I have always feared death.
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2017 08:47 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:

Those words were compiled by someone who fears life.

So I fear life, but not death what nonsense is that?
Alan McDougall

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2017 08:49 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:

A long time ago in forum far, far away, a friend told me that fear and anxiety are the result of a misapprehension of reality. And then we fought to the death over the point.

You have an amazing mind yet you talk nonsense
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2017 10:14 am
@Alan McDougall,
Quote:
So I fear life, but not death what nonsense is that?

For someone who claims to have actually died why would you fear death?
And why would you fill your mind with thoughts of doom if you weren't fearful of existence?
0 Replies

troppineapple

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2017 11:50 pm
@Alan McDougall,
The idea that at death, there is a sort of peace, is a nice thought. The Corpse Bride reflects about life and death, and some ideas behind them.
Sometimes the uncertainty of both(what could and couldn't happen) lingers in my thoughts
0 Replies

webtwigs

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2017 01:17 am
No, because it's con't come to tell you so why you fear about death what will happen is happened. death is acceptable to every one
0 Replies