Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2020 10:27 pm
A young child whom I was particularly close to lost her mother last year. I was very affected by this. I had some similar feelings to grief although I had only met her mother a few times. I started to be depressed, my anxiety increased, and I disassociated some. I also developed a few strange coping or maybe destructive methods of dealing with it all. I wrote letters to her mom updating her on how her child was. I started saving cards and writing down details from/about different people. I wrote an unofficial will just in case I died. I almost started feeling all the emotions I will eventually feel when those I love pass away. I’m wondering what is this and is there an official name for what I experienced?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,871 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 07:14 am
Although I don't know that this is a universal term, some professionals call that Complicated Bereavement Disorder. You can read about Complicated Bereavement Disorder by clicking here.
Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 03:08 pm
Thanks you so much!
0 Replies

Related Topics

A good cry on the train - Discussion by Joe Nation
The day my life changed in the blink of an eye - Discussion by DougMissesLeslie XXX
I just buried Wench - Discussion by gustavratzenhofer
grief - Discussion by carrie30
Grieving the Loss of Loved One - Question by erinmichelle904
Holli -- Cat in Mourning - Discussion by Seizan
Do you fear death? - Question by Alan McDougall
I Still Haven't Moved On... - Question by ChickenMate
  1. Forums
  2. » Grief?
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/24/2022 at 11:39:09