True Freedom Ideologue

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 09:06 pm
"True Freedom". . Is the freedom to be free of the sociological restrictions the past, as well as our- belief systems, upbringings, culture, and society has taught us HOW to believe - and react.

"True Freedom"...Frees us from our beliefs that hold us captive, thereby restricting our freedom of thought.

"True Freedom"...Gives us our heart's desires in an appropriate way, so as not to offend the deeper self.

"True Freedom"... Is NOT anarchy.. It is living with but not FOR the world we live in and have our being.

"True Freedom"..."True Freedom"...Is COOPERATING with the 'higher power', assimilating it's essence within, not only for the 'higher power's' greater glory, but also for the benefit of those whom we may impact in one form or another.

"True Freedom"... Gives us the depth-ness necessary to be at peace with the questions of life that have plagued mankind - from philosophers and religionists alike, as well as intellectuals and warmongers alike.

"True Freedom"...Gives one peace of the mind and soul, with all answers at hand to have tolerance, patience, and love to all, for all, allowing us peaceful sleep.

Peace be with you

Courtesy of & created by:
"Truemale"
Copyright 2002
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,215 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 01:24 pm
Re: True Freedom Ideologue
truemale wrote:
"True Freedom". . Is the freedom to be free of the sociological restrictions the past, as well as our- belief systems, upbringings, culture, and society has taught us HOW to believe - and react.

"True Freedom"...Frees us from our beliefs that hold us captive, thereby restricting our freedom of thought.

"True Freedom"...Gives us our heart's desires in an appropriate way, so as not to offend the deeper self.

"True Freedom"... Is NOT anarchy.. It is living with but not FOR the world we live in and have our being.

"True Freedom"..."True Freedom"...Is COOPERATING with the 'higher power', assimilating it's essence within, not only for the 'higher power's' greater glory, but also for the benefit of those whom we may impact in one form or another.

"True Freedom"... Gives us the depth-ness necessary to be at peace with the questions of life that have plagued mankind - from philosophers and religionists alike, as well as intellectuals and warmongers alike.

"True Freedom"...Gives one peace of the mind and soul, with all answers at hand to have tolerance, patience, and love to all, for all, allowing us peaceful sleep.

Peace be with you

Courtesy of & created by:
"Truemale"
Copyright 2002

And all this is so because you say it is so -- or because it is written on a cloud somewhere???
0 Replies

Dux

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 04:33 pm
Hmm, how to start, you are assuiming there's a god which there is not, I can only agree that there are far too many questions & really few answers. :wink:
0 Replies

truemale

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 05:57 pm
Neither is my head in the clouds nor buried in the sand, but that I speak from experience.

Assuming there IS a "god" makes for better answers than assuming there is "NOT..." - whether the answers are selfish or not is irrelevant.

Also - as an addedendum to the "many questions"... There are NO "mysteries of life" - only unanswered questions. To each question answered is relative to the quality of the answer they will accept. Which, in turn, does not make the answer false, merely the acceptance of that answer.

For it is also true that there is no ability or inability to udnerstand - only a willingness or unwillingness. Therein lies the freedom of the soul.

Peace be with you.

T.

P.S. I do not recall mentioning the word (or subject) "God" anywhere in the idealogue.....
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 06:18 pm
god- higher power; potato- potato
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 06:20 pm
"true freedom" is earned, not bestowed!

and so is "peace"!

good luck to you, its about the only thing that just happens (and not always "good")
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 06:23 pm
and, I would be very careful with that chioce of "handle", it leaves out a valuable 50% of this planet's inhabitants.

but hey, WELCOME to a2k. :wink:
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 06:46 pm
Yes, Bogowo is much more apropos.
0 Replies

truemale

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 04:55 am
BoGoWo - Am I to assume the "handle" you refer to is mine? If so, why not that "handle"? Since I KNOW I am not both male and female, I cannot assume a "handle" that is both. If the "handle" does not apply to mine, I humbly apologize for interfering with your statement.

And yes I agree with you that "True Freedom" IS earned, not bestowed. That's how I know to do both, speak from experience and relate it to others.

Peace be with you.

T.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 10:18 am
Dux wrote:
Hmm, how to start, you are assuiming there's a god which there is not, I can only agree that there are far too many questions & really few answers. :wink:

Approximately the same question I asked Truemale applies to you Dax.

How do you know there is no God?

Why do you state that so unequivocally?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 10:29 am
truemale wrote:
Neither is my head in the clouds nor buried in the sand, but that I speak from experience.

Great! That is what I'm looking for.

What in "your experience" causes you to KNOW there is a "higher power" -- or are you just guessing?

Quote:
Assuming there IS a "god" makes for better answers than assuming there is "NOT..." - whether the answers are selfish or not is irrelevant.

That is absurd. Assuming there IS a God is a cop out. It allows you to avoid having to logically establish the premises upon which you are basing your arguments or assertions.

Quote:
Also - as an addedendum to the "many questions"... There are NO "mysteries of life" - only unanswered questions.

A distinction without a real difference. A cheap debating trick in my estimation. Stay away from this kind of thing. People will lose respect for your ability to stay focused.

Quote:
To each question answered is relative to the quality of the answer they will accept. Which, in turn, does not make the answer false, merely the acceptance of that answer.

That really doesn't make much sense -- and seems to be just a bunch of words written in a way that pretends to be profound. But you may be on to something. Why not rephrase whatever it is you were trying to say -- and let's discuss it.

Quote:

For it is also true that there is no ability or inability to udnerstand - only a willingness or unwillingness.

Huh??? How do you come up with this stuff. And why would you want to copyright it? Who would want to steal it?

Quote:
Therein lies the freedom of the soul.

Soul???

Is there a soul?

And how do you know that?

Quote:
Peace be with you.

And with you my friend. You sound like an interesting person. I hope we get the opportunity to exchange views on whatever it is you are saying here.

Quote:
P.S. I do not recall mentioning the word (or subject) "God" anywhere in the idealogue.....

You mentioned "higher power." Where you talking about George Bush -- or the Electric Company???
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 11:04 am
true....;
I must agree my comment about your handle lacked in logic, I am afraid I just see red when the term "true male" is used as I find it "sexistly incendiary" and suggestive of a myriad of bad images and concepts that I had hoped were becoming extinct (like dinosaurs from a distant past).

And while I appreciate your wishing me "peace", I shall not experience "peace" until the entire planet is under its influence, and I do not expect that to be caused by depending on deities to affect change!
0 Replies

truemale

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 05:49 pm
Why...? Why...? Why..., does ANY mention of ANYTHING even distantly related to a "higher power" revolve around discussing whether there is or is not a "god" and NOT FOCUSING ON THE SUBJECT BEING DISPLAYED???????

For instance - I submitted what I felt to be "True Freedom" of the soul...I did NOT propound a belief for anyone to believe in "A" god or "any" god.

This attitude of singuling out ANY reference to "God" while disregarding THE ENTIRE CONCEPT OF THE POSTING, is ridiculous...and, quite frankly, shows a weakness.....

The inability to see beyond personal feelings to fathom a comprehension of another's viewpoints!

Geeeez, people....
T.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 06:04 pm
BRAVO, Frank! Thank you.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 06:16 pm
truemale wrote:
Why...? Why...? Why..., does ANY mention of ANYTHING even distantly related to a "higher power" revolve around discussing whether there is or is not a "god" and NOT FOCUSING ON THE SUBJECT BEING DISPLAYED???????

I did focus on the subject being displayed.

Try to be reasonable -- and deal with the comments I made.

Quote:
For instance - I submitted what I felt to be "True Freedom" of the soul...I did NOT propound a belief for anyone to believe in "A" god or "any" god.

Once again -- the use of that word. Soul??? What is a soul -- and how do you know it exists?

Quote:
This attitude of singuling out ANY reference to "God" while disregarding THE ENTIRE CONCEPT OF THE POSTING, is ridiculous...and, quite frankly, shows a weakness.....

Not quite as much weakness as pretending that is what happened -- when it didn't.

You are getting frazzled -- and you have not dealt with legitimate questions and discussion that has resulted from your initial posting.

Quote:
The inability to see beyond personal feelings to fathom a comprehension of another's viewpoints!

Geeeez, people....
T.

See above!!!!

Jeez, indeed!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 08:34 pm
truemale....

condolences.
0 Replies

truemale

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 03:54 am
Ok...I quit. You win.

I refuse to debate with anybody whose ONLY interest is in criticizing and tearing down.

Proof? Read your own post replys.

My only interest for others is - them. Their uplifting. Their building up of themselves.

You have contributed NOTHING but "Subtraction" and "Negativism", and not the least, absolute annihilation of hope, REGARDLESS of WHO is right or wrong.

Slicing through every word in order to negativly criticize that which does NOT appeal to you, is depressing to say the least. Yet with your own replies, HAVE NOT added to that which "just may" be of some interest to others, and NOT just because "I" wrote (whatever).

Can I "take" criticism? Oh Yes. I have and will continue, but to place my writing hand on a chopping block for you to point out to me that what I write just may be detrimental to YOUR way of thinking, is paramount to separating my fingers - one at a time - just to prove your point.

Whatever you add with your negativism after I submit this terse reply, is of no interest or consequence to me.

Therefore, I ask the moderator - Please cancel my "membership" from thence and forward.

Thank you.

T.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 07:13 am
To paraphrase John Donne;

Every poster's "death" diminisheth me,
never send to know for whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.

In case you are still monitoring this; I would suggest posting a little of your personnal philosophy, here and there in discussion, prior to publishing a manifesto, ("Courtesy" of & created by: "Truemale" Copyright 2002) that make little sense unexplained, and then when questioned, refusing to clarify, or discuss anything.

While I agree, you did not, perhaps receive a warm and cuddly welcome, Frank and many others here have "minimum expectations".
0 Replies

NNY

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 11:40 pm
True Freedom is impossible. It's almost unfathomable. It's really hard to get my mind around how much would have to be required to get true freedom. Holy Shnikeys I think I just made my brain get a cold. Something is implicating emptiness now... I need a BrainFreezy from the 7-11.
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2003 03:12 am
Truemale, you shouldn't be so reactionary. If you didn't want discussion of your piece, you should have put it in the "Original Writing" category rather than "Philosophy and Debate."

If that's what true freedom means to you, more power to you.
0 Replies