First song played on Radio1

McTag

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 04:45 pm
Very relaxed as always, we ate in different places at different times; but together, on Saturday we had a nice meal courtesy of Walter at a spanish restaurant in Heaton Moor, La Casona. Always excellent, never disappointing, mention my name on booking and the management will add 10% to your bill.

By the way, I have now seen the tape of the programme on Cole Porter. What an amazing series this is turning out to be. I loved it.
I think this is a major major major event. I did not know Goodall could do stuff like this.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 02:02 am
Sarah Morgan wrote:
what's on offer (music-wise) this week, I recommend: (on radio for Walter)

Tutti Frutti: A celebration of the 'cultural significance' of Little Richard's first rendition of the song. Tues 1.30p.m. (GMT) Radio 4.

'night! :wink:

I was lucky enough to catch some of this radio programme in the car as I drove up to Wigan yesterday. I heard about 20 minutes of it. Must get a Radio Times and see if it is repeated this week.

Very good programme, thanks for the find Sarah. It described the music scene in New Orleans in the 1950s. Odd, that the hero of the british "rockers" was a gay artist from a largely transvestite scene. Apparently "Miss Molly" was a slang term for a gay male prostitute.

What a singer Little Richard was/ is; never equalled.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 08:23 am
MsTag,

It is available to 'listen again' via bbc website (follow the links). I'd be happy to 'burn' it for you (just learnt that). I will listen to it tonight, whilst I wrap the pressies with Mr S..........another credit card christmas.......bah humbug! Don't mean it........feeling rather festive!

S
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 08:35 am
This

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio4_aod.shtml?r4musicdoc

is the link for yesterday's 'Tutti Frutti'
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 08:37 am
Did you listen to it Walter?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 08:51 am
Yeap, (after McTag posted it) - liked it as well.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 09:01 am
Walter/McTag, do YOU know why I can't now respond to a private message, when I could before? Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 09:04 am
No, I don't know, but this happens to others as well.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 09:06 am
Thanks anyway.....I'll submit a ticket.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 10:04 am
Did you see the Beach Boys documentary this week? I taped it, haven't seen it myself yet. Maybe I'll take a look, have a listen tonight.

"She's giving me good vibrations...."

"Good vib-arations bop bop!"
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 10:06 am
There are many BB documentaries out there...some better than others. Do you know what year it was produced?
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 10:08 am
Radio or TV? I'm listening to the Stevie Wonder story as I type, I'll post you the thread if you need. :wink:
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 10:14 am
This BB documentary was broadcast here on Sunday evening. I'll get you the details later.
0 Replies