Justice is More Important than Freedom

Nothco

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2011 05:12 am
@alikimr,
Justice is absolutely more important than freedom. It is also the key to peace on earth. Wherever there is a coherent justice system there is also peace. Where there is freedom there will also be tyrany.
Karl Marx wrote that 'The hitherto history of societ, is the history of class struggle". I say, bollocks, the history of society is the history of the struggle between freedom and justice.
If freedom was a good idea why are the jails full?
Freedom exists in a war zone, where there is no constraint by justice and people are able to do whatever their basest drives desire (it is also true that the best in people also comes out, but the worste in people is likely to shoot the best first).
It is the constraints upon freedom that allow civilisation. It is when the constraints are just that we feel that we are free. The test of justice is universality. Or, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Sorry for the rant, but it is an important subject which I am passionate about. The reason we are all able to live together within our societies is our justice system. We need to apply the same principles between nations so that all are subject to law. The strength of law, not the law of strength.
cheers
mal
0 Replies