Nanny 911

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:06 am
I watched this show for the first time the other night... it makes me think twice about having kids. It was ABSOLUTE CHAOS. 5 boys running around kicking and punching each other, knocking stuff over, literally climbing up the walls, screaming, throwing things... and Mom and dad just sit there and go "Oh, I'm tired... I can't handle this anymore." Gee, I wonder why your kids act like little demons.

Anybody see it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 779 • Replies: 9
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:09 am
pretty divorced from reality.....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:11 am
I didn't see it. But in terms of making you think twice about having kids, seems like there are a lot of reality shows that would make you think twice about getting married. Heck, seems like a quick perusal of the Relationships & Marriage forum would make you think twice about getting married.

Point being, who you and your wife are and how you are likely to raise kids (or be in your marriage) is a lot more important than the fact of kids (or marriage.)

(You know this, I'm just saying...)

That last line of yours is part of what makes me batty about over-medicalization of kids -- their parents aren't giving them boundaries and so surprise the kids are acting out. It doesn't have to be medicalized.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:29 am
sozobe wrote:
That last line of yours is part of what makes me batty about over-medicalization of kids -- their parents aren't giving them boundaries and so surprise the kids are acting out. It doesn't have to be medicalized.

Tell me about it... mom was a LD/BD teacher for 20 some years... she saw all kinds of kids that were diagnosed with all sorts of imaginary things. Some were over medicate and turned into drooling statues, others were wild beyond belief. All most of them needed was a little direction and disipline... which is getting harder and harder to do in public schools today.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:33 am
when I first saw this I thought you were looking for a nanny...that's what I do...work with kids.....first I lure them into the van....
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:35 am
I didn't see the show, I heard it. My 12 yr old son was watching it in disbelief. I asked him what that horrible sound was. He explained the show like this...See there are these terrible kids and their parents are weird 'cause they don't do anything to stop them. Geez mom, aren't you glad we're not like that???
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:37 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
when I first saw this I thought you were looking for a nanny...that's what I do...work with kids.....first I lure them into the van....

Laughing Do you use candy or a puppy as... bait?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:38 am
Ceili wrote:
I didn't see the show, I heard it. My 12 yr old son was watching it in disbelief. I asked him what that horrible sound was. He explained the show like this...See there are these terrible kids and their parents are weird 'cause they don't do anything to stop them. Geez mom, aren't you glad we're not like that???

Yeah... that is a pretty good discription... it sounds like you have a very bright well behaved son...you should be very thankful.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:39 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Laughing Do you use candy or a puppy as... bait?

crack cocaine and balloon animals.....
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:44 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
crack cocaine and balloon animals.....

The first ones free... and then they're yours.
0 Replies