How Long Can You Make My Thread Get?

kickycan

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 10:48 am
nimh wrote:
kickycan wrote:
My friends and I played with their digital camera and tried to see who could take the most disgusting picture of themself. Very entertaining. I won.

hehhehheh ... no surprise there Very Happy

Heeeey! It was actually a tough competition, but the one I took of the view up my nose was what won it for me. Thank god I haven't trimmed that jungle of nose hair for weeks!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 10:49 am
kicky - show us the disgusting picture! The Brooklyn show was last thursday. Last night's show was up here in Cambridge.

And, just what part do you think will change next year?

I'm uploading the pictures. (heehee, uploading the equipment.... immaculate reception....)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 10:55 am
I don't have it. It's my friend's camera and he has it. I'll ask him for it when I see him though. Hopefully he's deleted it.

littlek wrote:
kAnd, just what part do you think will change next year?

I don't know what you mean. What part of what do I think will change next year?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 10:58 am
Oops, that part should have been addressed to Walter.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 11:57 am
fun pics. if you get more from kevin and them, post them, too!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 12:02 pm
dag, I have been giving serious consideration to having you play an integral role in my "Penthouse Forum" thread.

There will be a bathtub scene and possibly nude hang-gliding in the Alps.

Nothing etched in stone yet.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 01:30 pm
My, thanks Gus, I am mightily flattered. I am, however, scared of heights. Now if you want me to roll in the mud naked, no problem, but hand-gliding in the Alps, not so sure... Wait, unless hand-gliding has nothing to do with flying... Please explain in more detail what it entails to an utterly confused foreigner (that would be me).
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 01:33 pm
Kevin took film pix, so it'll be a while before he gets them online.

I popped in to see your SF pix, D, they're cool. I didn't realize (or did I?) that you'd gone to Alcatraz.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 01:36 pm
Yes, Alcatraz was cool. We had a few squabbles with my nephew about the audiotour - he doesn't understand English, but insisted on having the earphones. Once he got that neither of us gets anything out of that, he let me have them if I translated everything for him. It was great. Always wanted to go.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 01:38 pm
Now hand-gliding rather than hanggliding, that suddenly seems a lot more doable ... <weg>
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 01:47 pm
Yo chicks...what place in Cambridge did they play?

My night was insane, but at the same time nothing crazy happened, if that makes any sense. Good times all around.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 01:50 pm
They were at the middle east. I had a thread about it a few weeks ago, but it disappeared.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 01:54 pm
That place is awesome. I totally miss going to live shows at places like that. I only have one friend that likes that stuff, but he's hard to get together with.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 01:57 pm
Well, next time I go, I'll let you know about it. I tend not to go out to see live music unless it's friends of mine playing. I know a lot of bands who do a little bit of traveling. If I really paid attention, I'd be able to see familiar bands from GA once or twice a year.

Do you know Dinosaur Jr Slappy? J Mascis of that band played with the bass player from widespread panic and the drummer from a bunch of small-name bands (Harvey Milk is the one I'm most familiar with).
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 01:59 pm
it was a great show. had a lot of fun.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 02:00 pm
How are you feeling today, Dasha? Is your throat still sore?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 02:08 pm
Yea, I know Dinosaur Jr. I heard they're good, but I never bought any cd's. I've seen some good bands at Middle East. Actually went in high school a few times, and to a show last year. Been to TT's too.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 02:24 pm
I'm much better! Next time I'm sick, I'll do the same: go out, drink a few beers and g&t's, see a loud show without earplugs! does the trick. i'm a bit tired, but i feel fit.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 02:24 pm
TT's is another club people I know tend to play at. I hear D Jr is good, but also have no cds. I guess they're a little too pot-rock for me. But, Dave is sort of southern rock and Kyle is definitely hard and heavy rock - they're both great musicians as is J Mascis himself. It all worked pretty well together.

I went to see J play last year when my friend Kevin suggested I go. I left after 2 songs. One problem was that I didn't have ear plugs (a very loud band), another was that my brother, who I went with, wasn't into it. But, I think one major difference between the two shows was the back-up band. And, of course, the sound guy (tipping my hat to Kevin).
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 02:25 pm
Glad to hear it Dasha! Maybe it goes back to the boiled beer thing your mom suggested.
0 Replies