How Long Can You Make My Thread Get?

kickycan

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 11:44 pm
smog wrote:
kickycan wrote:
"In case of a winner who is too dumb to realize they have won, said winner shall be afforded one explanation of rules. If said winner still does not understand the rules after this explanation, there is no winner, and the thread is declared "new" again. All guesses are once again in play."

Yes!! I feel not disappointed again!!

Man, this thread has been a rollercoaster ride for me tonight, huh?

Yes, it certainly has. I hope you feel better now. What the hell was your guess again? And while I'm at it, what the hell were everyone else's guesses?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 11:45 pm
kicky, you clicked back over 100 pages? One page at a time? How long did it take?
0 Replies

smog

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 11:46 pm
Something in the 50s. Maybe even the 30s. I feel like a chump.

Are we allowed to add numbers to our earlier guesses? Or can we perhaps multiply by some numbers, maybe even pre-set to make it more fair? Yeah, I like the sound of that. (I'm kidding. I don't want to do multiplication.)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 11:50 pm
No, littlek, I just did a search for the word, "Paulaj," written by me, since I remembered her being the winner.

Perty smart, huh?
0 Replies

smog

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 11:51 pm
Back on page 26:
smog wrote:
Fine, keep loving this thread, while smog's thread of ongoingness lies hurt and lonely. I'm not offended, really. I'm not. Really. Not at all. Nope. Really.

Oh, and I'll guess... 52. Wink

I'm still hurt that my ongoing thread, which may have been started before yours, isn't nearly as long! But it's still sorta ongoing...

And man, I was a chump to guess 52 on page 26.

Also, to get to page 26, I clicked through every page, starting at the beginning. A lot has changed since then...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 11:54 pm
Yes, guessing 52 on page 26 was sort of chumpish. I believe your punishment should fit the crime. Now go back and read every damn page on this thread!

I want a full report and summary when I wake up tomorrow. For now though, I'm going to bed. Good luck with your pennance, Smog.

Of course, you ARE the president of A2K, so I guess you don't have to do a damn thing anyone tells you.

g'night
0 Replies

smog

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 11:57 pm
Ahh yes, I am President. You capitalize President when referring to me, you see. The Presidential term is 4 years, right? I don't know if I can handle the stress of another election before then.

And I did end up missing something like pages 100-424. I don't want to read them, though, and as President, I won't.

The President will also be going to bed now.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 01:04 am
kickycan wrote:
Wow, them Aussies sure do like their meat.

Nonsense.

I do, however, eschew the ersatz.

kickycan wrote:
Or maybe, just maybe, dlowan doesn't represent ALL Aussies and what they do or do not like, and in fact, is just lactose intolerant and vegetable-disinterested. Hmmm...

Love lactose and vegetables.

Next?

littlek wrote:
What? How can one kill the thread? I posted something so unbelievable that I left everyone else speachless?

RATZENHOFER!!!!!!!

littlek wrote:
If a non-believing soul gets bannished to hell, does it burn?

RATZENHOFER!!!!!

Man, that 'k is on a roll!
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 07:55 am
You took the words right out of my mouth!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 08:30 am
So that's what happened eh?

Planning to stick with that story?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 08:45 am
Just checking in to help Kicky's thread out. (In and out, that's me all over.) Haven't read a single response so far, not even the main intro by the host. Heven't voted in the poll. May never open this thread again. Who knows? But I'm always willing to help Kicky out. Which way did he come in?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 08:49 am
He came in that-a-way Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow .
0 Replies

smog

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 12:05 pm
Was that 24 hours between the posts by lezzles and Sturgis?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 12:08 pm
Yup. Happens when there are a lot of posts pushing things off the page into hiding...let's hope that do'n't happen to yours.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 12:16 pm
Well, it means that the contest is over, unless of course the rule on page 343, Section 555C, subsection (R)1-p, Paragragh 5-b takes effect again.

My thread has gone months without a post.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 12:18 pm
I must have missed that clause.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 02:29 am
Good grief! A dead thread! It must have something to do with the International Date Line, surely.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 06:29 am
This thread ain't dead. Just playing 'possum, as we are wont to say hereabouts.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 07:15 am
I am profoundly relieved. Its nice to just waffle without having to think.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 09:56 am
Did someone say Waffles?
0 Replies