How Long Can You Make My Thread Get?

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 10:36 pm
Which Pink Panther movie did Sellers do that dismount thing of the stairway rail?

Friggin' hilariousl.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 10:45 pm
Gus, isn't that the same one where he accidentally destroys the piano, and the woman says, "That's a priceless Steinway!", and he responds in that hilarious deadpan way that only Peter Sellers could pull off, "Not anymore."?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 10:46 pm
And which one does he do the "Does your dog bite?" bit? That is totally classic.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 10:52 pm
The stairs thing and the quotes are from the same movie - The Pink Panther Strikes Agian.

I was rolling over that dismount!

No! Wait.... the dismount was in A Shot in The Dark.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 10:53 pm
Yes, that is the one! I love that one! I am laughing just picturing him going over those uneven bars and down those stairs...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 10:54 pm
Oy, and the Steinway was in A Shot In The Dark too...... <braindead>
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 10:56 pm
A shot in the dark is off my radar. I never heard of that one. What is that? How could they use the same gag in two different movies?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 11:07 pm
I can't remember - at least, I'm not entirely sure which movie that over the parallel bars thing happened. He fell down stairs a lot, but I'm pretty sure that the dismount down the stairs was his entry into the sitting room where he interviewed the staff of the rich parisien (and it happened just before he nailed the piano with the armor mace).
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 11:09 pm
Yes, isn't that the first movie wherein Dreyfuss goes crazy and tries to kill him? We'll figure this out yet, I know it...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 11:13 pm
Yep, he tries to kill him and ends up in an asylum (though we don't know that til the begining of the next movie: The Pink Panther Strikes Again. In that movie he tries for release and doesn't get it (he tries to kill Clouseau again), so he escapes and makes a doomsday machine, in effect. Several countries send out their top assassins to kill Clouseau, meanwhile he's tracking his ex-boss (when he gets bit by the dog). At the start of the 4th movie you learn that he's surived 16 assassination attempts.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 11:17 pm
Damn, littlek, you are like a Pink Panther trivia expert. I think the first Pink Panther movie I ever saw was that one where Dreyfuss first tries to kill him...so funny. And that's also the one where he does the "Follow that car" gag. Man, there were so many classic bits in those movies.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 11:19 pm
Why do you keep calling him Dreyfuss?

Are you sure you're not thinking of "Jaws"?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 11:20 pm
Actually, I was thinking of "The Goodbye Girl."
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 12:56 am
Wasn't that Close Encounters?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 09:22 pm
It is Chief Inspector Dryfuss or dreyfuss, or whatever.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 10:19 pm
Speaking of movies, I had an unintentional Tarantino-fest this weekend. It just so happened that everytime I turned the TV on, there was some Tarantino movie on. Last night I watched Kill Bill Vol. 2 again (Not great, but I loved the part when Uma plucks out D. Hannah's eye), and then tonight I watched Pulp Fiction for about the 800th time. Love that movie. Any opinions on Tarantino?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 10:21 pm
I haven't seen Kill Bill 2 yet.... I need to see it.....

I liked the Kill Bill stuff way more than I liked Pulp Fiction when I saw it. Drug scenes tend to turn me off since I have lost several friends and acquaintences to the trade.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 10:24 pm
No joke I read somewhere that Tarantino might be directing the newest version of Friday the 13th.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 10:24 pm
Interesting....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 10:26 pm
Interesting. I love the gangster **** much more than the quasi-kung-fu stuff that he has been into lately. Reservoir Dogs is probably the coolest gangster movie ever. And True Romance is excellent also. Ever seen that one? I have to say, I liked Tarantino better when he was doing the gangster stuff.
0 Replies