How Long Can You Make My Thread Get?

kickycan

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 11:26 pm
Well, I didn't go running, but I just cleaned my apartment--I still hate everything, but I'll get over it--jesus, now tomorrow my parents, my aunt and my cousin are coming to stay with me for two days. I guess that will at least keep me busy so that I'm not thinking about the smokiing agony all the time.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 10:00 am
Quitting smoking is definitely a time when dogs are better pets than cats. It's hard to take cats running. They won't even settle down if you put 'em in a bag and try to carry them along.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:48 pm
Well, old man winter has jammed it up my ass once again. Thanks to this little f*cking perfectly timed arctic blast, all the flights that my aunt, cousin, mom and dad were going to take to visit me were cancelled. They aren't coming to visit me now.

Mother nature is one rotten bitch.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:53 pm
Are you serious?
Should I be looking at the weather network?
Is Gautam gonna be able to get outta Buffalo?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:58 pm
Yes, I'm serious, and yes, Gautam will be fine, I think. It was just a freak storm that changed from rain to snow to ice and lasted about eight hours, screwiing up all the flights from last night and early this morning.

Right now (and even this morning when my parents called to tell me the flights had been cancelled) it looks sunny and lovely outside. I'm sure things are running smoothly now. That piece of **** storm is gone.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 02:55 pm
just checked

Syracuse is still under an advisory. Buffalo's getting some snow now . We're gonna get light snow intermittently from tonight through Monday. err, Tuesday.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 03:46 pm
Damn Kicky, you're a grouch.

When you say you need to stick it in someone, you ain't kidding.

Your cat must be very nervous right now.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 07:38 pm
Can't you family fly on a later flight?

My landlady and housemate happened to be on the same return flight from LA last night that was rerouted to Buffalo, of all places, because of the storm. They arrived mid-day today.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 08:04 pm
Well, it's kind of complicated. Many different factors came together to f*ck this up, including the fact that they were coming from multiple destinations, and they were only going to be coming here for two days anyway, and blah blah blah...

All I know is I'm in a really bad mood.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 08:07 pm
It'll be ok, buddy.

When I'm down, I like to look at a picture of a football.

http://www.shapepostcards.com/images/Postcard_photos/Sports/football.jpg
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 08:15 pm
Thanks, Slappy. That helps...a little.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 08:17 pm
Well, kicky, at least your apartment is clean!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 08:19 pm
And besides, you actually like your family. Or love them, if not always like. (This is not a universal thing, y'know, and loving your family is something of a gift in life, not to get maudlin, oh, where are the violins.)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 08:36 pm
You're both right. I just feel tense. Very, very, very, very tense.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 08:46 pm
Hence all the running I did when I quit.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 08:53 pm
Get your ass in the gym, lazy focker. It's healthy, you'll feel better, and look better. 1 hr, 3-4 days a week, all it takes.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 08:56 pm
As soon as the weather gets warmer than a f*cking meat locker frozen in a f*cking iceberg, I think I will do that.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 08:59 pm
They don't heat the gyms in New York?

C'mon - time to put down the lollipops and sweat a bit.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 09:00 pm
What the hell does that have to do with it? If you can motivate yourself to do it now, maybe you'll end up sticking with it, and actually getting in shape...doesn't happen in a matter of a couple of months. Like quitting smoking, you gotta just do it.

I punch myself in the face after every set of bench press.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 09:04 pm
I am in hibernation until further notice. I only go outside for the necessities.

Sure, that's just an excuse, but I'm still not going to the gym yet.

Soon.
0 Replies