How Long Can You Make My Thread Get?

nimh

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 08:12 pm
paulaj wrote:
I didn't win. The deal was the thread has to have no posts for 24 hrs.

This thread hasn't stopped for more than 12 hrs. since it's inception, in short, you have made it so none of us can win.

Unhuh Paula ... twas 24 hours between little k's and ebeth's post that fateful day ... in Dutch time, there was nothing between littlek's post of Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:50 pm, Post: 1146206 and ehBeth's post of Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:07 am, Post: 1148598 ... sooo ... what was it you were gonna do again? Mr. Green
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 07:58 am
SHAVE ME! I'm still waiting...

By the way, thanks for explaining that to Paula, Nimh. I was going to disqualify her for not being able to tell time, but I really would like to get these things smooth and clean again.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 08:15 am
Hold on, I need to check this out again.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 08:46 am
nimh wrote:
paulaj wrote:
I didn't win. The deal was the thread has to have no posts for 24 hrs.

This thread hasn't stopped for more than 12 hrs. since it's inception, in short, you have made it so none of us can win.

Unhuh Paula ... twas 24 hours between little k's and ebeth's post that fateful day ... in Dutch time, there was nothing between littlek's post of Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:50 pm, Post: 1146206 and ehBeth's post of Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:07 am, Post: 1148598 ... sooo ... what was it you were gonna do again? Mr. Green

Nimh, you are half correct. The thread did stop for the amount of time you specified, but it stopped on page 303, not 300.

My guess was page 300. Kicky, I try SO hard to show you a good time and you constantly thwart my efforts. Why won't you let me love you? Laughing

Nimh, seeing how I might have your attention for a second, I noticed months ago we have very similar taste in music, Xymox for one, I forget the others you listed.

Some of my favorites-

Lords of Acid - "Sit on my face"
White Zombie - Electric head Pt. 2 (sexsational after dark mix) Love that one. Rob Zombie can make his guitar sound like thunder.
Bauhaus - "Third Uncle" (old stuff)

Can you recommend something new?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 10:51 am
Paula - you had the guess closest to that 24+ gap in posts, so you do win!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 11:01 am
tap tap tap. is kicky smooth and shiny yet? you know, we're all waiting in a line here, hurry up woman!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 11:02 am
I bet that stubble is just right for a good shave.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 11:08 am
or she can use tweezers, just to prolong the fun.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 11:10 am
Tweezer (oooh, good scrabble word) just for the hard to reach hairs....
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 11:17 am
Re: How Long Can You Make My Thread Get?
kickycan wrote:
Okay, everybody, time for a contest. Guess how many pages this thread goes before it becomes old news and dies off. Once it goes one full day without a post, it will be considered dead, for purposes of this contest, and the winner(s) will receive a big wet sloppy make-out session with the A2Ker of your choice. If I win, I'm going to pick littlek!
What's your guess?

Nothing mentioned in the original rules about a 24+ gap. And I was so looking forward to the event.

I'll bet he would have had a hard time keeping still.

I'm so disappointed, he is such a tease.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 11:19 am
paulaj wrote:
Nimh, seeing how I might have your attention for a second, I noticed months ago we have very similar taste in music, Xymox for one, I forget the others you listed.

Some of my favorites-

Lords of Acid - "Sit on my face"

Oh my GOD! Thats great. Thats like, ancient, Paula! I have that track on a compilation album - from back when it was called "new beat" and new beat was supposed to be all the new thing in house music - that was, like, 1990 or something? Too funny ... havent played that in years.

But same goes for Xymox, Bauhaus ... I havent really listened to that since high school ... so I'm not sure what to recommend ... Muslimgauze perhaps? Thats pretty cool, they still exist apparently putting out good stuff, more electronic than Xymox or Bauhaus but more moody and dark than the Lords of Acid ...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 11:22 am
Paula - I think kicky amended the rules a couple times.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 12:58 pm
Yes, Littlek is right. It was changed back on page ten or so. Closest guess. Okay, since Paula doesn't seem to understand that she has won the prize, I'm going to have to look in my "How Long Can You Make My Thread Get?" rulebook...

Let's see, here...<flipping pages>...winner dies before thread ends...winner doesn't want prize...winner too dumb to understand the rules....ah! Here it is, on page 343, Section 555C, subsection (R)1-p, Paragragh 5-b...

"In case of a winner who is too dumb to realize they have won, said winner shall be afforded one explanation of rules. If said winner still does not understand the rules after this explanation, there is no winner, and the thread is declared "new" again. All guesses are once again in play."

YES! WE'RE BACK ON, PEOPLE! The thread is alive again, thanks to Paulaj's beautiful thick skull and her incredibly fantastic ability to misunderstand even the simplest of games! YEAH! THANK YOU PAULA!!!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 01:13 pm
Do we think this thread will end before I change haircolours again? I think I'm on my third variation since the thread started.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 01:20 pm
No frickin' way! Like the proverbial Phoenix from the ashes, my thread is reborn! This sucker is going for the long haul now. I am re-vitalized and invigorated, baby!

LONG LIVE MY INCREDIBLY HUGE AND BEAUTIFUL THREAD!!!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 01:29 pm
ok, ok, 1,300 pages. but you better post what the prize for winning this time will be before i confirm my bet. i ain't pluckin you with tweezers.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 01:30 pm
Did Kicky take extra vitamins this morning? or is the effect of a new Italian class with a 6:1 female/male ration?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 03:36 pm
Dag, you get to make out with whoever you like. That's always been the prize. That shaving thing was Paula's little way of trying to get people to let her win. You can offer whatever you want in the way of bribes.

ehbeth, it had nothing to do with the vitamins or the class. I was just so happy to see that my giant beautiful thread had come back from the dead. Wouldn't you be happy if your thread was dead for two days and then suddenly came back to life!? I now know what Lazarus must have felt like on that third day, and IT IS F*CKING SWEET!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 03:47 pm
Wow, I thought kicky would jump on the chance to have Paula pluck his pubic hairs.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 04:44 pm
I would, but she doesn't seem to understand how wonderful it would be for her. Oh well, movin' on....
0 Replies