ONE HELL OF A SCENIC DRIVE IN UTAH

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 09:31 am
WHATS THE NAME OF THE UTAH ROAD THAT HAS ONE HELL OF A SCENIC DRIVE WAITING FOR YOU IF YOU HAVE THE SPINE FOR IT INCLUDING A SCARY WOODEN BRIDGE AND HAIR RAISING VERTICLE DROPS?

I HAVE 2 DIFFERENT ANSWERS FOR THIS I AM TRYING TO DECIDE WHICH ONE TO GO WITH.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,701 • Replies: 6
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 07:21 pm
can you fine tune the question? Do you know what part of Utah it's in? What's nearby? There's a road called the Devil's Backbone near Boulder, UT, but I don't remember a wooden bridge (it was night time when I went through there).
0 Replies

DERBYCITYSNOTSLINGER

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 09:41 am
THATS ALL I HAVE TO GO ON. I HAVE HELLS BACKBONE AND DEVILS, DEVILS BACKBONE OR HIGHWAY 666 I AM NOT SURE WHICH ONE IS RIGHT. OR IS HELLS BACKBONE AND DEVILS BACKBONE THE SAME ROAD?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 10:07 am
the old hwy 666 was renamed to (I think 491) and runs thru Cortez Colorado near the utah border somewhere in the area of Dove Creek, nice country.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 10:22 am
Perhaps this is what you are thinking of:

There is such a road on the outskirts of Canon City, Colo called Skyline Drive. The drops on either side of the road are nearly vertical. Canon City is near the Royal Gorge, which is famous for having a very high suspension bridge (world's highest?) which swings when you drive/walk over it. However, the Royal Gorge and Skyline Drive, although both near Canon City, are not on the same road.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 10:27 am
This photo doesn't do it justice. It is scarier than this:

http://www.downtowncanoncity.com/skylinedrive/

Here's the bridge:

http://www.coloradodirectory.com/royalgorgebridge/
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 12:52 pm
I would probably go into instant shock if I had to cross that bridge. I've had many a nightmare (as a young adult) about bridges that looked just like that.
0 Replies