Hands up if you hate Christmas! .. (sorry, edgar!)

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 05:03 pm
Well done, Noddy! Very Happy
I can relate.
Phew .... aren't you glad it's over?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 05:05 pm
msolga--

The tension abates over the twelve days--ten now.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 05:08 pm
Ah. That used to be the case for me, Noddy.
It takes less time these days .... denial, probably.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 05:17 pm
we both. Soon, I will begin looking forward to the lengthening day. Just a reminder, the days are beginning to turn in the southern climes
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 05:24 pm
Good morning, farmerman. Very Happy
Yes, things start to look much better after the 25th, don't they?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 05:31 pm
The lightening of the day is wildly important to me and how I feel about life. I keep insisting it happens Just Before The Solstice. I know that per sunset times it doesn't, but as someone who can't drive in the dark and shouldn't in twilight, which passes fast this time of year, I gear when I leave work almost to the minute, re the lowering light. And for a few years running now I can leave just a smidge later ... five or so days before the solstice.

For example, a few weeks ago it would be black out my home window at 5 pm, and I'd damn well better be there with my car parked, for my and others' safety. On Dec 21st, I could still drive in that light at 5 pm, or walk easily seeing curbs, etc., if only for a few minutes. The change happened before the 21st, I insist.

I know my practical sense of this has to do with cloud cover, rain conditions, whatever. But my mood starts lightening re light... around the sixteenth or seventeenth, just after it had been brought to the yearly low....

Next year I'm going to chart this phenomenon...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 05:47 pm
I understand this, osso. That's why I love summer so much. The end of winter is like crawling out from under a very oppressive, wieghty rock!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 05:52 pm
I did pretty good on boxing-day also. I didnt acttually fight anyone ttoday although I did verbally abuse the Indian guy who runs the mobil station and SUbway shop.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 05:56 pm
Laughing

It was years before I discovered that Boxing Day had nothing to do with fighting in rings, farmerman.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 06:16 pm
The increasing daylight helps my mood--and my energy levels. We've almost accomplished two of the three darkest months of the year. In thirty-eight days my snowdrops should be blooming--although they may be blooming under 18 inches of snow.

Full moon tonight.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 06:19 pm
A full moon on Boxing Day! Oh no! Shocked
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 06:32 pm
Lol - I noticed that in the wings on Christmas night!

I remember it particularly, because I was reporting a recurrent dream of suddenly getting thick, black hairs all over my legs - especially the backs - and many werewolf jokes were made.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 06:41 pm
Laughing

Deb, reading the "dream" thread just before this one, I really don't think you need a full moon to have wild & wooly dreams! What colour, what movement, what thrills & spills! Razz
But this full moon is a worry, isn't it? I mean, do we really need this straight after barely surviving Christmas? I think I might stay in tonight.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 06:44 pm
Lol - I seem to be hibernating a bit, too. Nice to be sleeping - I haven't slept well for a while now.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 06:51 pm
Yes, I'm glad you're sleeping, too, Deb. Have you fully recovered from your gastric ailment? You were a bit wobbly there for a while ...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 07:02 pm
Damn - which one? I seem to have an immune system like an open door at present. I think that one was the bug before last - the LAST one was bronchitis and such, which triggered asthma!!!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 07:06 pm
Oh, bunny, bunny ...! You need to retreat to the burrow for a wee little bit & revive your furry body. It obviously needs resting ... urgently. <says she sternly! :wink: >
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 08:39 pm
Agree, re bronchitis and asthma, please recover...

I had wild dreams last night, f/ing on a back staircase, but I forget who the guy was, clear at the time.. and didn't recognize the staircase. Unfortunately that was a transitional episode and I also forget the denouement..

I think it was the ham.
I actually drank less than usual, so they weren't alky dreams as much as protein dreams (Freud, roll over please!)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 08:48 pm
Osso--

Passion on the back stairs--how evocative.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 08:50 pm
Yes! Keep up that protein consumption! :wink:
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 08:30:11