Hands up if you hate Christmas! .. (sorry, edgar!)

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 01:13 am
farmerman wrote:
Its started already. eveerybody and their brother has stopped by and is so downright f**kin happy, I wanna puke. Ive been out splitting firewood like a steam drill that killed John Henry.

I cant believe all these chochkies that we get every year fdrom people I normally like during the light months, and whom I cannot stand this week.
As Ive said Before, for me , Christmas is something to "get over" and not to really celebrate. LAst yeaar wasnt so bad because I was kept busy making stuff and in meetings. This year its been me at home and being depressed. The wife understands and barks orders to get my ass outta the room if Im gonna be an old raptor.
Tomorrow, at least, were gonna take a hike and spot eagles. Then on Dec 26, like JL , Ill begin to revive.

So, everybody's downstairs eating nutroll, and Im up here sharing my feelings of melancholy and hoping that I dont spoil it for the others.
I know, Im a headcase, but I didnt see that the TOS contained a "no headcase" clause.

If there was a "no headcase" clause, there would be very few on this board Smile

Anon
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 01:37 am
Anon-Voter wrote:
If there was a "no headcase" clause, there would be very few on this board Smile

Anon

You're calling us headcases after a mere 13 posts here? We are, in fact, totally fabulous!
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 01:50 am
Awesome, as a matter of fact MsOlga! I had this salesclerk once who always use to say "You look faaaabulous Dahling". Quite the saleslady, always had great sales numbers. The fact that she was a little person made her seem all the more dynamic. All that energy in such a small package, she was great!!

Anon
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 01:54 am
Oh goodness!

From the Lost & Misplaced thread:

Walter Hinteler wrote:
Welcome back .... and belated Merry Christmas, Anon!

Thanks Walter! Really missed your terrific posts and common sense. It's good seeing you!

Anon

You've been here before! I thought the name sounded sort of familiar! Ooops! Embarrassed
Please continue, don't mind me .....
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 01:57 am
msolga wrote:
You've been here before! I thought the name sounded sort of familiar!

Not only 'once', if I remember correctly Laughing
(here, speaking about Abuzz :wink: )
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 02:00 am
msolga wrote:
Oh goodness!

From the Lost & Misplaced thread:

Walter Hinteler wrote:
Welcome back .... and belated Merry Christmas, Anon!

Thanks Walter! Really missed your terrific posts and common sense. It's good seeing you!

Anon

You've been here before! I thought the name sounded sort of familiar! Ooops! Embarrassed
Please continue, don't mind me .....

No worries My Dear... It's been a while since I've been here.

Anon
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 02:04 am
Anon, my dear, please accept my humblest apologies. You're name is certainly familiar, but I was obviously on the wrong Abuzz threads!

Now, please continue ... about anything you like ...!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 02:11 am
<wringing hands>

Oh dear, oh dear ...! Sad
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 02:16 am
Now, msolga, have some hot chocolate and don't get desperate ... :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 02:20 am
Yes, Walter.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 02:21 am
Lol!!!

It's ok, Msolga...we all understand...you're from Barcelona....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 02:23 am
I know NOTHING!!!! Confused
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 02:29 am
Oh dear.

I am just riffing on the old "Fawlty Towers" thing, where every time Manuel made a mistake, Basil would say to the guests, in very naughty and evil apology: "Oh, he's from Barcelona".

Just funning ya......now unfluff that tail.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 02:33 am
And every time Manuel was cought out, his response was: "I know Nothing!" I loved Manuel! Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 02:34 am
Aaaaaaah!!!!!!!!

Lol!!!!

Gotcha!

I thought that was Corporal thingy in Hogan's Heroes.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 02:39 am
... but I meant to say caught out ... Damn this cruel, cruel edit button!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 02:51 am
Lol! Damn Craven's black heart!

(Even though he was but trying to make the place run more smoothly)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 02:55 am
It was an evil plan to expose our rotten, careless spelling! That we can't now go back & fix! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 01:13 pm
as Basil said 'don't mention the war' ..... but nevertheless, delighted you held your dominion! Msolga Very Happy

I had a lovely family, uncommercial Christmas with a very low price ceiling set on family pressies - lots of thought and little cash and no headaches Very Happy

one pressie was a delightful little cat book with quotes like

'I don't mind a cat in its place. But its place is not in the middle of my back at 4am'

someone tell Paddy that!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 02:48 pm
Vivien--

Perhaps if you read Paddy moral & uplifting bedtime stories....
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 06:17:31