What do libertarian republicans believe?

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 12:48 am
What specific views do they have? I didn't find much on the internet about their political views.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,218 • Replies: 28
No top replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 08:52 am
@blackbear,
In some ways the Libertarian party is more in line with the republicans.
In some ways the Libertarian party is more in line with the democrats.
In some ways the Libertarian party is not in line with neither party.

https://www.thoughtco.com/libertarian-party-platform-721550
Quote:
The Libertarian party doesn't have that much money, so I'm proud to have compiled the world's shortest platform summary of the party.

Fiscal policy: The Libertarian party opposes taxation in pretty much all forms, and it deals with the revenue loss by opposing entitlement programs in pretty much all forms. This means that people keep more of what they earn, but it also means that there is no social safety net. And ambitious new proposals – such as universal pre-kindergarten and universal health care – are obviously not compatible with this objective.

Corporations: The party would eliminate all federal subsidies to private corporations, as well as all antitrust laws.

Public services: The Libertarian party would like to eliminate the U.S.Postal Service. It wants to transfer all government services, from public schools to landfills, to private ownership

Property rights: The party would restrict public domain to immediate public use and sell or give away most public property to private owners.

Criminal justice: It would eliminate all anti-drug laws and legalize prostitution, as well as end random police roadblocks.

Free speech: The party would abolish the FCC and allow private ownership of broadcast frequencies. It opposes all restriction of free speech, including that in the name of national security.

Church and state: The Libertarian party calls for reduced IRS regulation and monitoring of tax-exempt churches.

The Second Amendment: The party strongly opposes all gun control, as well as regulation of alternative weapon technologies such as mace and Tasers.

The draft: It calls for the abolition of the Selective Service System and amnesty for any citizen who has ever resisted the draft.
Reproductive rights: The Libertarian party is pro-choice. It opposes all federal funding of abortion and most federal entitlements for women who choose to carry their pregnancies to term, including the child tax credit. it opposes involuntary or fraudulent sterilization.

LGBT rights: The party opposes the "don't ask, don't tell." doctrine. It believes that marriage is a private contract, and as such it should yield no government benefits regardless of the gender of the partners.
Immigrants' rights: The Libertarian party argues that borders should be open but surveilled. Everyone who does not pose a threat to public health or national security should be allowed to enter the country legally. It would deny all federal benefits to undocumented immigrants.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 01:56 pm
@blackbear,
What do libertarian republicans believe?

Nothing.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 02:52 pm
@blackbear,
There is no such thing as a libertarian republican. What do libertarian democrats believe?
camlok

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 02:55 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
There is no such thing as a libertarian republican

But a libertarian Republican, there is.

Quote:
A libertarian Republican is a politician or Republican party member who has advocated libertarian policies while typically voting for and being involved with the United States Republican Party.
Libertarian Republican - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarian_Republican
Baldimo

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 03:15 pm
@camlok,
I call this a craptastic definition. It's sounds made up and the bias is evident in the way they term everything. You should really stick to politics in your own country, btw, which country do you live in?
camlok

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 03:54 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
I call this a craptastic definition.

You are hardly an authority on the English language.

How is it different than a Tea Party Republican or an Evangelical Christian Republic, which are actual groupings found with the Republican Party?

"The Republican Party is divided into factions. In a 2014 Pew Research Center survey on political typology and polarization, 12% of Republicans described themselves as libertarian."[1]

Ibid
Baldimo

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 04:08 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
You are hardly an authority on the English language.

Good thing for me I never claimed to be.

Quote:
How is it different than a Tea Party Republican or an Evangelical Christian Republic, which are actual groupings found with the Republican Party?

Libertarian is an actual political party that runs it's own candidates for elections. They don't run under another party ticket, they run on their own. It would be the same as saying that there is a such thing as a Democrat-Republican when there is no such thing. That's not to say you can be part of one political party and share views with another party, you would still be a (file in the blank) with leanings towards (file in the blank).

Quote:
"The Republican Party is divided into factions. In a 2014 Pew Research Center survey on political typology and polarization, 12% of Republicans described themselves as libertarian."[1]

Those are people who are afraid of be outside the party and have no say what takes place. ie: in some states you can only vote in the states primary if you are part of that party. If you want to vote in the primaries you stay with the party you mostly agree with and then vote. If you switch to the Libertarian party then you can't vote in either the GOP or DNC primaries. A lot of states are moving away from the closed primary system, CO is one of them after this past election, so that people can vote for who they want to run in the parties.

camlok

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 04:13 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
C: You are hardly an authority on the English language.

B: Good thing for me I never claimed to be.

Then we are in agreement that your reply was nonsense and there was no reason for you to have written it.

Quote:
Libertarian is an actual political party that runs it's own candidates for elections.

I'm aware of that. That doesn't change the fact that libertarian Republicans exist.

Baldimo

Reply Wed 31 May, 2017 09:58 am
@camlok,
Quote:
Then we are in agreement that your reply was nonsense and there was no reason for you to have written it.

No agreement, it was craptastic definition that was filled with bias.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=craptastic
craptastic
(adj)
1. in a good sense, the quality of being so crappy that the object is humorous or desireable
2. in a bad sense, extremely crappy

etymology: blend of the words 'crap' and 'fantastic'
1. This place is awesomely cheesy! It's craptastic!
2. The break-up was awful. It was craptastic.

Quote:
Quote:
Libertarian is an actual political party that runs it's own candidates for elections.

I'm aware of that. That doesn't change the fact that libertarian Republicans exist.

I would say they exist in the same place as republican democrats or democrat republicans. Maybe they are Republicans with libertarian leanings, less or no conservative stance on the social issues but conservative on the spending and tax issues.
camlok

Reply Wed 31 May, 2017 10:07 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
No agreement, it was craptastic definition that was filled with bias.

Quote:
I would say they exist in the same place as republican democrats or democrat republicans. Maybe they are Republicans with libertarian leanings, less or no conservative stance on the social issues but conservative on the spending and tax issues.

First, in complete defiance of reality, you deny they exist, then in the following paragraph, quoted above, you describe your opinion of them and how they exist.

They exist, Baldimo!
Baldimo

Reply Wed 31 May, 2017 10:17 am
@camlok,
Quote:
First, in complete defiance of reality, you deny they exist, then in the following paragraph, quoted above, you describe your opinion of them and how they exist.

They exist, Baldimo!

As an outsider, you can't see the difference between one's leanings and one's actual political party. Which political party do you belong to?
camlok

Reply Wed 31 May, 2017 10:28 am
@Baldimo,
This exchange clearly reveals you are a person who is only interested in diversion, not real discussion, Baldimo.

They exist. Libertarian Republicans exist.

You deny stark reality. Not just this one time. You are a study in denying stark reality.

You make up the wackiest diversions. You simply are not a person to be trusted. Is this your conservative Republican leanings?

Will you now deny the existence of conservative Republicans?
Baldimo

Reply Wed 31 May, 2017 11:27 am
@camlok,
Quote:
This exchange clearly reveals you are a person who is only interested in diversion, not real discussion, Baldimo.

This is a laugh coming from you. You are the biggest troll on this site next to Izzy.

Quote:
They exist. Libertarian Republicans exist.

Sorry, but a "definition", not to mention it was a highly bias "definition", from wikipedia hardly proves your point. I would agree that they are Republicans with libertarian leanings but there is no such official group as the Libertarian Republicans, you can search for yourself but the only listing of such a group comes from your wikipedia link/search. I can find nothing else on the internet grouping these political parties together.

Quote:
You deny stark reality. Not just this one time. You are a study in denying stark reality.

A majority of your posts on this site are a denial of stark reality, and that doesn't include anything dealing with Sept 11th.

Quote:
You make up the wackiest diversions. You simply are not a person to be trusted. Is this your conservative Republican leanings?

You are the King of diversions! Have you ever told anyone what country you are from or what political system you support? Talk about a person to not be trusted, how can you trust someone who condemns everything while at the same time never admitting what they stand for.

Quote:
Will you now deny the existence of conservative Republicans?

Why would I do that, the very existence of Republicans is based on their conservative beliefs. Would you believe that there are a such thing as Liberal Republicans? They would be the group who would most likely resemble this mythical Libertarian Republicans you claim is a thing. There is also the Conservative Democrats to consider, they would be the ones you would want to call Libertarian Democrats.

What it all comes down to is a drift towards the center for those on either side of the isle. Libertarians are the extreme center of the isle in my opinion, conservative on spending/tax issues and liberal on social issues to include drugs and immigration.

Let me highlight the bias I was referring to with your wikipedia entry:
Quote:
Libertarian Republican:
Beliefs and size[edit]
See also: Factions in the Republican Party (United States)
The Republican Party is divided into factions. In a 2014 Pew Research Center survey on political typology and polarization, 12% of Republicans described themselves as libertarian.[1] The libertarian branch of the party is smaller than other branches, including "Main Street" voters (pragmatic, establishment-supporting, open to more compromise), Tea Party voters (radical right-wing populists with "a deep mistrust of experts, elites and even the G.O.P. establishment"), and Christian conservatives (dominated by white evangelical voters, mostly from the South).[2] However, the libertarian bloc in the party is larger in size than several other groups, such as former Northeastern moderate Republicans (which have almost disappeared) and hawkish "national security" voters who favor neoconservativism.[2] Compared to other Republican factions, libertarian Republicans have relatively little party loyalty.[2]

According to a 2012 New York Times analysis, libertarian Republicans have a variety of motivating issues. On economic and domestic policy, they favor cutting taxes and regulations, repealing the Affordable Care Act, and protecting gun rights.[2] On social issues, they favor privacy and oppose the USA Patriot Act, support abortion rights, and oppose the War on Drugs.[2] On foreign and defense policy, libertarian Republicans are noninterventionists.[2] Two-thirds of libertarian Republicans are males.[2]

The Republican Liberty Caucus, which describes itself as "the oldest continuously operating organization in the Liberty Republican movement with state charters nationwide," was founded in 1991.[3] Among the group's past chairs are Chuck Muth.[3]

The House Liberty Caucus is a congressional caucus formed by Representative Justin Amash, Republican of Michigan. In 2014, the group "consisted of about 30 libertarian-inclined Republicans (and occasional Democratic visitors like Jared Polis)."[4] The group is a rival to the conservative Republican Study Committee, which favors high military spending.[4]

Libertarian Democrat:
Ideology[edit]
Libertarian Democrats support the majority of positions of the Democratic Party. However they do not necessarily share identical viewpoints across the political spectrum; that is, they are more likely to support individual and personal freedoms, although rhetorically within the context of Democratic values.[9]

Libertarian Democrats oppose NSA warrantless surveillance. In 2013, well over half the House Democrats (111 of 194) voted to defund the NSA's telephone phone surveillance program.[10]

U.S. Representative Jared Polis, a libertarian-oriented Democrat, wrote in Reason magazine: "I believe that libertarians should vote for Democratic candidates, particularly as our Democratic nominees are increasingly more supportive of individual liberty and freedom than Republicans."[11] He cited opposition to the Stop Online Piracy Act, support for the legalization of marijuana, support for the separation of church and state, support for abortion rights and individual bodily autonomy, opposition to mass surveillance, and support for tax-code reform as areas where the majority of Democrats align well with libertarian values.[11]

While maintaining a relatively libertarian ideology, they may differ with the Libertarian Party on issues such as consumer protection, health care reform, anti-trust laws and the overall amount of government involvement in the economy.[9]

camlok

Reply Wed 31 May, 2017 11:48 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
I can find nothing else on the internet grouping these political parties together.

Testament to your inability to think and digest.

No one has said that the two distinct political parties are joined.

You keep admitting that libertarian Republicans exist, then you inject more nonsense.

It's like discussing these things with little children but they have a good excuse for their naivete. Your's is just plain ignorance and an inability to read and comprehend.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Wed 31 May, 2017 11:51 am
@Baldimo,
As I said,

You and your cohorts flee from discussion as soon as it gets real. As long as the propaganda, the lies, the fabrications, with enough people to keep them at the fore exist, you "discuss".

Until realities intrude upon your brain and then in a flash, you disappear. It's a common feature not only of you conservative leaning folk but of many others within the "liberal" leaning crowd.

Will you now deny the existence of conservative Republicans? Tea Party Republicans?
Baldimo

Reply Wed 31 May, 2017 12:17 pm
@camlok,
Quote:

You wouldn't know a real discussion if it fell in your lap.

Quote:
You and your cohorts flee from discussion as soon as it gets real. As long as the propaganda, the lies, the fabrications, with enough people to keep them at the fore exist, you "discuss".

I see no fleeing here. In fact the biggest fleer of posts is you when people start asking you where you live or what you really believe in. When confronted with simple questions you run like cockroach when the lights are turned on. You then pop up a few days later and pretend that no one was asking you questions. You go into your "America is evil!" crap.

Quote:
Until realities intrude upon your brain and then in a flash, you disappear. It's a common feature not only of you conservative leaning folk but of many others within the "liberal" leaning crowd.

Says the guy who answers no questions and diverts all discussions towards the evil USA and Sept 11th talk.

Quote:
Will you now deny the existence of conservative Republicans? Tea Party Republicans?

Stop being silly. The Tea Party was taken over by regular social Conservatives and bastardized by those same people a few years ago. The proof was in the 2012 elections and the many "main stream Republicans" who were suddenly part of the very group who was trying to get rid of them in 2010. Let's be honest as well, the Conservative Republicans are not even close to their "Conservative" roots. They do not follow the fiscal principles they espouse and they spend just as much money as the DNC does. No one is either group is interested in saving the American people any money, they all want to spend the money just in different ways.
camlok

Reply Wed 31 May, 2017 12:33 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
In fact the biggest fleer of posts is you when people start asking you where you live or what you really believe in.

The first is of no consequence and as for the second, I state very clearly what I believe in. The US should stop its centuries long war crimes, terrorism, genocides, stealing, raping, murdering ways and try to live up to what has been to date, complete bullshit.

Quote:
Says the guy who answers no questions and diverts all discussions towards the evil USA and Sept 11th talk.

Nazi level evil, done by anyone, should be a hot topic. Falsely accusing people should also be a hot topic. Both are ones that all the honest, free speech Americans [and others] avoid like the plague.

Why? When it should be so easy to point out all these "truths" about the USA.

Quote:
The Tea Party was taken over by regular social Conservatives and bastardized by those same people a few years ago. The proof was in the 2012 elections and the many "main stream Republicans" who were suddenly part of the very group who was trying to get rid of them in 2010. Let's be honest as well, the Conservative Republicans are not even close to their "Conservative" roots.

Here you are discussing the very things you seek to deny. Do you have the slightest grasp, the tiniest speck of a grasp on reality, Baldimo?

Baldimo

Reply Wed 31 May, 2017 02:24 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
The first is of no consequence

Oh, of course it isn't... chicken ****. You are what is referred to as a "keyboard warrior".

Quote:
and as for the second, I state very clearly what I believe in. The US should stop its centuries long war crimes, terrorism, genocides, stealing, raping, murdering ways and try to live up to what has been to date, complete bullshit.

blah blah blah. See what I mean, you don't believe in anything, you just hate the US.

Quote:
Nazi level evil, done by anyone, should be a hot topic. Falsely accusing people should also be a hot topic. Both are ones that all the honest, free speech Americans [and others] avoid like the plague.

You keep tossing around the term "free speech" and yet you don't have the slightest idea what it really means or how it works. Someone ignoring your ranting isn't effecting your freedom of speech, you have a problem with freedom to not listen to a stark raving mad lunatic.

Quote:
Why? When it should be so easy to point out all these "truths" about the USA.

That's just the problem, people have tried but you're stuck in a rut, hell you even came back with a different name but the same tired routine.

Quote:
Here you are discussing the very things you seek to deny. Do you have the slightest grasp, the tiniest speck of a grasp on reality, Baldimo?

You don't have the slightest idea of how the US political system works or how each of the parties function or what they believe. Where are all the Democratic Republicans and Republican Democrats?
Real Music

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2017 12:47 am
Political parties do have fractions within their parties. Libertarian republican is not an actual political party, but it may be a fraction within the republican party. Yes, there is a libertarian political party. Both the republicans and democrats have fractions within their parties. Examples would include log cabin republican, tea party republican, moderate republican, conservative republican, house freedom caucus republican, blue dog democrats, liberal democrats, progressive democrat, conservative democrats, and there may be other examples. A libertarian republican would be a republican who share some of the same views as members of the Libertarian political party. With that being said, wouldn't that make democrats who share some of the same views as members of the libertarian party libertarian democrats?