Bummer....stopped by the cops....

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 05:21 pm
This a.m, as I was on my way to work...speeding of course....I got pulled over....of course. I didn't have my drivers license on me so they had to look it up on there system. So the pig comes back and tells me that I havn't renewed my license for 14 months.....That is sooo wrong, I am so shocked and mad about that, I know I have had my licesne. They said if I can prove I did indeed have it that I wouldn't have to pay the fine, but it's no use.....the computer at the issurer place says the same thing. I know I had my lisence...this isn't the first time i've had run in's with the cops in 14 months...you'd think they would have noticed then!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,484 • Replies: 22
No top replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 05:25 pm
Calm down now, honey, tsh tsh, can't be that tough now, can it?

What's the total? I mean speeding ticket and the "non"-renewal of your license?
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 05:26 pm
$270 bucks! I'm not mad about the tickets...I mean I deserved a speeding ticket. I'm just a little peeved about them saying I didn't have a license....that's insane.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 03:28 am
$270! Gosh, girl! You musta been flying down that road. Iguess they wanted to see your pilot's license!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 04:38 am
You should have just started crying and batting your eyes. Woulda knocked off $100 easy.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 04:53 am
So, on your license, it says when it was renewed, right?
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 04:55 am
pain of the people who has cars Smile

nothing with me Very Happy
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 01:10 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
So, on your license, it says when it was renewed, right?

No, it says it's soooo old......I'm pretty positive I had renewed them as I just turned 20. In Sask, you have untill the end of your birth month and then you have to renew your license, but I thought I had renewed them early. I remember I had to pay a bunch of money before I could even get them renewed due to an accident I had last year, so I thought I renewed them when I payed everything else up. Maybe I didn't......but it all just doesn't make sense. See, I got in an accident last year, I was driving...no, I wasn't drinking...anyway, of course I had to give the pigs my drivers license, so don't you think they would have noticed if it were expired.....it's just too weird for me.

As for how fast I was going.....79 in a 50 zone....excellent!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 01:13 pm
Don't try the no-license thing in Ontario, standupforP.

They can remove you from the vehicle, fine you $2000.00 and on and on. You used to have 8 hours to produce your license and insurance. Those happy days are gone.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 01:15 pm
You Canucks are tres outlaws...I'm shocked!
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 01:29 pm
If I would have known I didn't have a lisence.....I would have went and got it, or else I would have at least drove accordingly to the rules of the road!
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 01:45 pm
ah i dont know... rules are so fun to break... specially when you know you're in the wrong
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 01:56 pm
True...very true!!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 02:03 pm
Um, you don't have to have your license WITH YOU at all times when you are driving? That seems odd. I thought everyone had to have it ON THEM, even if the cop could look it up it would still get you a ticket for driving without one. Did this change sometime in the 26 years since I started driving?
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 02:06 pm
Well, I've been stopped before a couple times with out having it on me. They just looked it up, then let me go!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 02:13 pm
The last speeding ticket I got was in Kelowna, on the old lakeside highway. It a twisty curving stretch marked at 50km, I was doing 90, too fun not to speed. I had asked my brother to renew my plates (registration), because I was out of province, he swore he had, but........
My ticket was $500. Yeouch.!

In Canada, you must carry your ID at all times. I found this out the hard way on Remeberence Day, exactely 4 yrs ago. I was arrested and thrown in the klink. I was released when they realized I was not a hooker or a threat to society. Long story, I'll elaborate sometime....
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 03:09 pm
In the US you must carry your driver license with you
while driving, otherwise you're subject to a fine - or if
the officer is nice - a warning. Wink

I once got 3 tickets on one day. *cry*
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 03:23 pm
Ceili wrote:
The last speeding ticket I got was in Kelowna, on the old lakeside highway. It a twisty curving stretch marked at 50km, I was doing 90, too fun not to speed. ...

I think i've been on that highway, last summer...and you're right, it is way to fun to speed!
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 07:23 pm
Guess who has a warrent out for her arrest?.......Pick me, pick me!!
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 08:36 pm
I'm sooooooooooooooo glad I don't pay your insurance fees!!!! LOL
0 Replies