• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,335 • Replies: 10
Topic Closed
No top replies

layman

Mon 8 May, 2017 08:22 pm
@gungasnake,
Hahahaha. These idiots just can't understand why jumping in front of someone's vehicle doesn't get the driver arrested, eh?

They're just lucky that he hit brakes instead of flooring it. They think they're immune from the laws of physics as well as the law of the land.
gungasnake

Mon 8 May, 2017 09:59 pm
@layman,
That is in fact part of the problem. It's a short step from thinking oneself to be above man's laws to thinking oneself above things like the law of averages, the laws of physics and what not.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Mon 8 May, 2017 10:00 pm
Drivers in areas where this **** goes on should start carrying cans of bear spray around with them.
0 Replies

centrox

Tue 9 May, 2017 10:36 am
Keep mumbling your crazy ****, Gunga, until the nurse comes around with your meds.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 9 May, 2017 01:19 pm
I've never seen a bear or a reality-protester get shot with that stuff but I have seen a (big/mean) pit bull get shot with it and I have to assume the effect would be similar...
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 9 May, 2017 01:20 pm
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UDAP-Pepper-Power-Bear-Spray-Repellant-w-Camouflage-Camo-Holster-/351662088008?hash=item51e0b19f48:g:zM0AAOSwKtVWzn8Z
roger

Tue 9 May, 2017 03:15 pm
@gungasnake,
I've also seen a wrist holster for the stuff, mostly designed for people on bicycles.

By the way, how did it work out with the pit bull?
gungasnake

Tue 9 May, 2017 04:40 pm
@roger,
Quote:
By the way, how did it work out with the pit bull?

Badly. A buddy had a big problem with neighbor's pit bulls getting into his yard and chasing him. I had the bottle of bear spray which I keep in the car for sleeping at rest stops or whatever, and I had always sort of wanted to see what would actually happen...

At any rate, I had handed the bottle of bear spray to my body while I was sort of redoing the corner of the fence with safety wire and this pit bull was trying to bite my arm off while I was doing this and my buddy finally got tired of watching that, and let the dog have it full in the face with the bear spray. The dog spent the next several hours rubbing his face in the grass and whining about how unfair it was and if you can believe this, the wind swirled just the tiniest bit about the moment my friend lit the dog up with the bear spray and the two of us actually got just the tiniest bit of that stuff in our own faces and we were sneezing for about the next 20 minutes, and that was a microscopic amount of the stuff, nobody's idea of fun
roger

Tue 9 May, 2017 04:50 pm
@gungasnake,
Glad to hear it works.
0 Replies

layman

Tue 9 May, 2017 11:28 pm
A predictable backlash to these over-reaching, idiotic "protesters," eh?

Quote:
NC motorists who hit protesters blocking roadways will be legally protected under proposed bill

Drivers in North Carolina might soon be allowed to plow their cars through protesters forming human walls on the road.

A new bill approved by the state House will legally protect motorists who hit protesters blocking the road...

House Bill 330 was approved in a 67-48 vote late last week. The bill was drafted in response to protests in Charlotte that paralyzed traffic last fall.

Republican Rep. Justin Burr, the bill’s sponsor, said to Fox News. “In a number of cases the protests turned riots resulted in violence and the terrorizing of unsuspecting motorist, their passengers and property.”

I strongly believe North Carolina should protect law abiding drivers from facing civil liability if a protester is injured while attempting to illegally block traffic on a public highway or interstate."

I can see it now, eh? A wall of protesters, 10-20 deep, blocking a freeway on one side. A quarter a mile away, facing them, 200 dragsters with massive engines. Then comes the announcement over a P.A. system: "Gentlemen, start your engines."

Then a flag drops and the air goes dark from burning rubber and ear plugs are needed to avoid permanent hearing loss as the drivers mash the accelerators through the floor.

When the carnage is over the drivers will say "Yeah, sue me, chumps."
0 Replies