Gunsmoke

Seed

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 05:02 pm
in the opening scene of Gunsmoke Matt Dillion faces off against a man. who is the man that he faces off against? My father seems to think that it looks strangly like Doc. Anyone know who that is?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 847 • Replies: 7
No top replies

loislane17

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 05:36 pm
Seed,
I went a'hunting and found a Gunsmoke trivia site operated by someone named Tamara. In her section on Tamara's Tidbits (please, I didn't make this up!) she lists clips from the season's openers and tells who the actors in the whole series were!

http://comp.uark.edu/~tsnyder/gunsmoke/tidbits/gun-openings.html

She's got some serious info. I just noticed that Amazon has the DVDs of season one and two of Gunsmoke. amazing.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 05:39 pm
I posted this on another thread recently.

http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/tv/children/westerns/gunsmoke.gif
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 08:51 pm
thanks ms. lane. Smile and cj my dad got a kick out of the slide show
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:03 pm
http://neylons.com/oldtimeradio/pages/rsx60-Gunsmoke.html

To see the full cast of Gunsmoke and read about it click here.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:12 pm
thanks edgar Smile
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:41 pm
Gunsmoke runs nightly here with a Parental Warning of violence at the beginning of each episode. That struck both me and my husband as kind of funny and we laugh about it often. My father loved that show. Marshall Dillon was a take no **** kind of guy and Daddy liked that.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 09:12 pm
When Gunsmoke moved to television I was very disappointed to see who took William Conrad's place. He did not fit my vision of the crusty lawman I had enjoyed on the radio. The fact they used many of the same scripts from before made it palatable. But soon Chester was gone and James Arness took control of the show. As soon as that occured, Mat Dillon became a changed man. The original character, hard bitten, a bit tired but resigned, made mistakes. The new Mat Dillon made no mistakes. The main characters became a stable of characters revolving around stories that could have easily eliminated Gunsmoke from the equation. Give me the original radio show and the first two seasons of Gunsmoke over the rest anytime.
0 Replies