"Arrested Development"? Does Anyone Watch?

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 01:42 pm
Last night the second season began. I enjoy the show (the only one on a network I watch), but I get the feeling the audience is sparse. Critics dig it, though. I'm curious if anyone else follows the Bluth family, watched it once and hated it, or whatever...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,401 • Replies: 12
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 01:50 pm
I think it's one of the best-written sitcoms out there right now, clever, topical, and very funny. At least it made it to a second season. I hope it lasts.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 01:55 pm
I love this show.

Every once in awhile when ever I need a laugh I think of the episode last season where Buster was at his school who's motto was "Children should neither be seen nor heard." He then spent the rest of the episode camouflaging himself into different backgrounds... freaking hilarious
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 09:53 am
Agreed about how good a show it is. I just read that the first show this season had decent ratings. I just hope it's not so quirky that people are put off by it.

I enjoy it, in part, because it subverts the normal "feel good" nature of sit coms.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 10:45 am
It is one show that actually makes me laugh out loud. My wife didn't like it when it first came out but she would watch it with me. She likes it now.

As disfunctional as that family is I think we can all see a little bit of our own family in them... and allows us to laugh at it. I think that is one reason I like it.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 03:40 pm
This is a sad day indeed.

I just heard Arrested Development is being cancelled. Word on the street is that they are going to show what episodes they have and then that is it.

This will officially go down as the best show that never made it.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 04:10 pm
It was too quirky and rarely (never?) had any feel-good moments. Which was made it good, but I guess audiences like their sit coms warm 'n' fuzzy...
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 04:20 pm
That is why I liked it too.

I talked to a few people who came in mid-season and just never really picked up on what was so funny. I think you had to watch it from the beginning in order to "get it" and the show never really did a good job of acclimating new viewers.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 04:40 pm
Looking back on this thread, three of us got involved, and one is no longer with us (sniff...). Well, I'm sure cav stayed loyal...
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 10:52 pm
For what it's worth, I enjoyed it too, and I don't watch a whole lot of network series.
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 12:03 pm
I"m so bummed this was cancelled, hopefully it will be like the Family Guy and either get brought back after a successful DVD run or get picked up by another network.

It is one of the best on TV b/c it's not all laugh-tracked out for those who need the cues, it's funny and sarcastic and smart - wish there were more like it!
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 08:12 pm
Arrested Development is a thought based comedy. There are so many jokes that are inside jokes for die hard fans.
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 12:49 pm
Have yall check out this new reality series that Michael Cera is on? Check it out it is hilarious. it is shot in mockumentary style is about two guys trying to sell their script to Hollywood.

Clark and Michael
0 Replies