Wall Plug/Anchor Removal

jermyn

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 11:28 am
I have to remove 16 wall anchors that the previous owner had used to put screws into to mount 8 mirrors.

What I don't know is how to properly remove these plugs so that I can patch the holes and paint.

The plugs are plastic.

Suggestions anyone????

Thanks in advance!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 18,789 • Replies: 5
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 01:45 pm
Hopefully, you can drill them out. If they spin, maybe you can grab them with a pair of side cutters and sort of pry them out. Be grateful they are not the steel toggle type.
0 Replies

nino 1975

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 09:14 am
To extract plastic plugs (rawl plugs) or even wood from any wall, the easiest way is to half screw a screw into it and pull it out with a claw hammer. thus extracting the entire contence.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 02:42 pm
I'd reconsider whether you have to remove them at all.

In the past when I wanted to get rid of a few I just tapped them a few times with a hammer to drive them below the surface of the wallboard and then spackeled right over the top of them. It makes a lot less of a mess to fix up by doing that than to pull them out.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 09:01 pm
I agree with Fishin. Let them drop in the least messy way down between the studs to the frame plate - wherever.
0 Replies

easyasabc

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 04:19 pm
Removal of Plastic Wall Anchors
jermyn, Unless I could easily pull them out using needle-nosed pliers, I have always just simply used a screwdriver to push them right on through the drywall. They just fall down into the space between the drywalls and do no harm. Smile
0 Replies