My documentaries, the documentaries that I recommend

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 10:30 am
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2019 02:35 am
This is related to the Library of Babel. I thought it would be useful to bring these two videos together.
Now there, to the seculars among us, I say pay not much attention to words like "soul" as their meaning can be misunderstood and is heavily loaded. If you want to think of "souls" as your atomic matrix, your geometric shape, or your functional algorithm go that way...you are how you work, how you function. Think also of all the possible permutations of your "soul", slight differences, variations of what you are or can POTENTIALLY be in parallel universes, somewhere in the library. To the point, the topic that I want to bring you today Is Plato's theory of Recollection. How does it relate to Babel's Library? Well, remember that in Babel's library all possible knowledge already exists and it is waiting to be found, to be discovered...with that I will leave you with this small video, have a nice day!

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2019 07:46 pm
Well worth seeing to the end. Several topics come up including the Free Will debate. Enjoy!
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 04:20 am
There is no "origin of the laws" because a good model of the Universe is cyclic. Right or wrong I am enjoying Roger Penrose attempt with his CCC approach. "God" explanation begs the question about the origin of God...equally if one claims the timelessness of God and his properties one can assert that in a cyclic model of the Universe the laws are mere expressions of the Universe rational. It is what it is! Since there is nothing to nothingness there is no outside of the Universe or Multiverse whatever you prefer. As for the expansion of the Universe into nothingness, well, let me just say nothingness has no properties at all including not allowing motion into it. There is no actual expansion if not within the perceived spacetime expansion. Past present and future are all equally real. There is nothing outside of it, again, be it your "choice" the Universe or the Multiverse Meta Time mechanics. The fractal nature of Reality should be a good enough clue to pursue a cyclic approach! On a final note, Max Tegmark is on the money as infinity refers to a fractal loop of a finite sequence of information that again, repeats itself in a fractal...an infinite sequence of new information would render Reality infinitely chaotic.

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 05:57 am
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 08:24 am
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 03:21 pm
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 04:14 pm
It's cheap to put it up like this but I feel vindicated with this one, it brings me memories of Parmenides debates I was engaged in...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 05:24 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
..the point is, was, I am not saying I am wrong or right but certainly it is worth to entertain the idea intellectually that time might be an illusion, or better put, an emergent phenomenon that is not fundamental in its nature!
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 05:30 pm
Moving forward:
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 06:13 pm
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 03:04 pm
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2019 02:04 am
Interesting but the obvious criticism is to wonder about the probability of us being in a complete Poincare recurrence instead of a partial one.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 11:23 pm
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 05:24 am
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 07:08 am
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2019 12:27 pm