have strange electrical problem

micahsc

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 11:21 pm
I have a 1992 Acura Integra LS that will shut off while driving down the road. The rpms will start to jump then they will drop to zero and the car turns off. All the electronics will stay on but the car will not start for a few minutes. I have taken it to the mechanics and they could not find anything wrong with it. All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 792 • Replies: 2
No top replies

roger

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 01:00 am
Did they check the catalytic convertor? How about the fuel shut off valve? These are fairly obvious, but the mechanic's may have over looked them. Anyway, it's not necessarily electrical.
0 Replies

curtis73

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 08:28 pm
I would check the crank position sensor and the ECM. Try resetting the ECM by pulling its fuse and turning on the key for about 5 minutes. Also, it could be the fuel pump failing. After running for a while they can get hot and intermittently fail.

Pay attention to when it happens. If it happens specifically during hot conditions, wet conditions, or whether or not the a/c was on, let us know.
0 Replies