Track Lighting Wiring QUestion

DEWFPO

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2017 09:09 pm
I am daisy chaining several Project Source Track Light sections together with Conduit Live-End Power Feed Connectors Lowe's #EE0306WH Model # 372849. The track itself has a ground rail on one side only. I need to put the Feed Connector on each side of the track since each track section will be separated by a ceiling rafter beam. However, the ground on the connector is only located on one side of the connector so it is on the opposite side of the ground on the track at one end. It doesn't appear that the ground probe on the live end connector can be adjusted to the other side. I would like to maintain ground throughout the daisy chain. I will be connecting 4 tracks this way. How can I correct this? or continue my ground?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,296 • Replies: 3
No top replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 06:56 am
@DEWFPO,
I would consider the question of "should" they be daisy chained since they aren't designed to do so from the manufacturer. It's possible that the components are only designed to handle a certain load (probably X number of watts) and by chaining them together you are exponentially increasing the load beyond design specs.
richardandrews

Reply Thu 25 May, 2017 12:15 am
@tibbleinparadise,
Thank you! very useful information!
0 Replies

cfelty79

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2017 11:28 pm
@DEWFPO,
You don't have to worry about maintaining a ground. Buying connectors and flipping the track around could solve some of that but no need to worry about over loading by putting track together because 10 feet or 100 feet of track won't matter it's the amount of lamps you put on that matters and in one room you won't have enough to worry about and the ground issues don't matter either not for your project if that's all you're doing
0 Replies