Electrical help-bathroom lights are out

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 12:46 am
Hello. All of a sudden the electricty is out in just one bathroom in my home. The lights and vent won't work but the outlet will. It was working fine hours ago. I checked the breaker, it was not tripped. The bathroom circuit is also linked to my bedroom, yet my bedroom lights work fine.
I flipped all the switches in the breaker, nothing. I unplugged the one thing that was plugged in. 2 weeks ago in this bathroom, I installed a new light fixture myself. Could the new fixture and light bulbs have done this?
I followed the directions and the lights have been working fine. Just weird.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,716 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

blatham

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 02:05 am
Is the new light fixture in the bathroom? When was it installed relative to the problem appearing?
dalverio

Wed 25 Jul, 2018 06:02 pm
@blatham,
they are most likely all connect in series which means if one goes out they all go out, start looking where the power is coming from
0 Replies

dalverio

Wed 25 Jul, 2018 06:13 pm
@Kelsey14,
you might have a shortage somewhere in between your circuit check your wires and make sure your nuetral and your hots were installed rite
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Electrical help-bathroom lights are out
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 1.21 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:48:02