" 'Madness of George Dubya' a UK hit"

littlek

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 01:45 pm
A satire from england.

A satire

"Throughout the play, Bush -- with a cowboy hat and Superman T-shirt as well as his pyjamas -- wanders around uttering an idiot's commentary from the bunker (or "bunkbed" as he calls it) where his "special guys" have put him for safekeeping."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,805 • Replies: 4
No top replies

steissd

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 01:51 pm
Well, this is a fringe, and not the mainstream theater, therefore it may not reflect feelings and ideas of majority of British people.
As far as I understand, the UK PM Mr. Blair supports President's plans regarding Iraq.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 01:56 pm
steissd: to say that PM Blair supports Bush is not to say that the majority of the British people support Bush.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 01:58 pm
This is in 'performing arts' for a reason.

I didn't have any intention of displaying this play as any kind of vote against Blair and Bush. I simply think it's funny and maybe interesting.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 02:18 pm
""Tourists are brown folks who get on planes and come to America and do bad things, so we're having a war on tourism," he says in one of various risque wisecracks in the play."

Wow, how funny, littlek! Sounds like something Saturday Night Live will be stealing any minute now...
0 Replies