Double shower heads

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 07:54 pm
I would like to make a double shower. Does anyone know how to do this? I thought I could just go out and buy a splitter of some kind and rig something up but obviously that wasn't as easy as I thought! Any suggestions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 16,344 • Replies: 19
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 07:55 pm
Side by side? Or one on top of the other?
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 07:58 pm
I want one on one where it normally is, then another one on the oposite wall so that the water is coming from both directios kinda thing. I thought I could just buy a splitter of some kind, but havn't been able to find anything like that yet.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 08:01 pm
This looks like it would be pretty easy to install.
http://www.ssmartco.com/shower/
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 08:05 pm
Yes it does, thank you colorbook for finding that site for me! I don't want to spend a whole bunch of money on this little idea, I wish I could just buy that one piece instead of it coming with the shower heads too.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 08:10 pm
You can get all kinds of ideas by going to a plumbing store...it doesn't cost any money to ask questions.

You could split it with this shower headÂ… then run a shower hose from one of them, to other side of the tub and attach it there. Does that make sense?
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 08:12 pm
Yep, I thought of that. I've also been to plubming stores, but havn't found really what i am looking for.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 08:12 pm
C'mon over to my place, standup, and me and some of the boys will hose you down from all directions.

I'll give you directions if you're interested in my proposal.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 08:13 pm
Did I mention that the extra shower wasn't just for me....it was so I could have my own.......
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 09:27 am
http://search.ebay.com/dual-shower-heads_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQsonewuserZ1
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 04:52 pm
Yep, checked there too!! Thanks though!
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 05:30 pm
I got my double shower...I got my double shower..........Believe it or not, I bought a peice from Zellers, rigged it so it would work, and now i'm love, love, lovin' it!
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 01:59 am
WooHoo!! I am so happy for you! I definitely want at least a double shower head in my new home and a jacuzzi tub for two. It's not that much to ask and we sure deserve it!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 06:43 am
Mind if I wax rhapsodic? When I was a kid, we had a square, walk-in shower. It was completely tiled. There was a shower head on the ceiling, and TWO shower heads waist high on opposite sides of the walls. You were able to adjust whether you wanted the shower head on the ceiling, the walls, or both.

I have never again seen a setup like this, even in the most expensive homes. I believe that my folks paid $9,000 for the house at the time! Very Happy
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 06:00 pm
That's great stand up; I'm glad you found a way to make it work Very Happy
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 07:30 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Mind if I wax rhapsodic? When I was a kid, we had a square, walk-in shower. It was completely tiled. There was a shower head on the ceiling, and TWO shower heads waist high on opposite sides of the walls. You were able to adjust whether you wanted the shower head on the ceiling, the walls, or both.

I have never again seen a setup like this, even in the most expensive homes. I believe that my folks paid $9,000 for the house at the time! Very Happy

That's close to heaven!! People would pay that much just for the shower now days. What a shame you couldn't take it with you when you moved, eh? Smile
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 07:33 pm
I was walking down the street today, in town getting groceries, when old Bart Higgins yelled from across the street, "Hey, Ratzenhofer! Did Standup ever get that double shower head dealie?"

Talk about timing.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 05:40 pm
Phoenix- I install high-end kitchens so I get to see some of the nicest houses out there, what you described has come full turn. I have seen a shower with a sunflower head at the top with 12 nozzles on the walls hitting you at every angle. I can't imagine what it cost but the house itself sold for six million. That is one example but the setup is becoming more and more common.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 08:37 pm
I want one!!!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 10:34 am
Six years later.....
0 Replies