What does a TV series need to do or not do for you to give up watching it?

coluber2001

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:36 pm
@Sturgis,
Shelton's problem is either narcissisism or even egocentrism. Maybe Archie Bunker was too smart or had Asperger's. If Archie Bunker was too stupid and Sheldon is too smart, then maybe the problem is other than the intellect.
coluber2001

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:45 pm
@snood,
Well, it was stated that he wasn't written in the script as having Asperger's, so, therefore, he was written in as being an asshole. It seems from the comments on this thresd that people like Sheldon and think of him as a sympathetic character. I don't see it.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:45 pm
@coluber2001,
If you get your hands on a DSM4 or 5, and read the diagnostic criteria for Asperger's syndrome, you may be able to tell the difference in generic assholishness and a cluster of behaviors or traits called Asperger's.

The writers say Sheldon doesn't have Asperger's.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 07:28 pm
I'm not at all an expert on Aspergers, however I have a close friend who has been diagnosed as having it. He is absolutely nothing like "Sherman." other than he is brilliant (Which I assume the "Sherman" character is supposed to be. I've only watched the show a few times)
0 Replies