Introduction letter

Novizio

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2017 10:49 am
I hope, with all my heart, that one of you be willing to help me with the profile letter attached to CV. I inform you that I'm not an English native speaker.
Thanks in advance!

The letter in question is this: I worked for almost three years in a notorious retail store. My professional role was the visual merchandiser. But even before this relevant and pleasant work experience, I've always been fascinated by the sale's world. For this reason I attended various courses inherent in matter, done research, purchased books and put into practice what I learned. What I like most about this profession it's that psychological and creative aspects are combined with organisational and marketing aspects. Because nowadays, the visual merchandiser's figure must be able to create a satisfactory and suitable shopping experience to the customer.

roger

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2017 11:07 am
@Novizio,
For one thing, definitely drop the word "notorious". The word indeed does mean famous, but in a really bad way. It is seldom to your advantage to directly insult a former employer.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2017 11:52 am
@Novizio,
Nov I'd try if you'd def 'CV'
Sturgis

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2017 12:17 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
...if you'd def 'CV'

Curriculum Vitae. In other words, similar to a resume. You know those sheets of paper you give to a prospective employer.

Read at this link to learn more: www.thebalance.com/cv-vs-resume-2058495

By the way dale, since you are so aggrieved over CV being used (which is industry standard), how is it, you then give us 'def' instead or spelling out either define or definition? I am hopeful that this will learn you to cease and desist with your often idiotic, in fact asinine, abbreviations.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Novizio

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2017 07:20 am
@roger,
Thanks a lot Roger!
If you have any suggestions then let me know, and I will be happy to take them into account. Wink
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2017 07:48 am
@Novizio,
Well can't you sell yourself without help ? Avoid words like "fascinated", used "interested" instead.
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2017 11:05 pm
@Novizio,
dear sir,

salesperson vacancy #867-5309

i wish to be considered for the position of salesperson advertised on the wall

in support of my application i provide the following personal particulars in addition to the attached resume

my work experience includes three years in the employ of a well regarded retail store

my professional role there was as a visual merchandiser

however my ambition was always to graduate to the sales environment

i have attended several courses, researched the topic, purchased and read several texts and put into practice what i learned from these studies

this sales position combines my professional interest in the psychological and creative aspects of retail trade with my well developed organisational and marketing skills

i look forward to discussing my application for the position with you in greater depth at a mutually convenient time.

best regards

jenny

0 Replies