How do you take your coffee or tea?

farmerman

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 05:10 am
@izzythepush,
Wait a minit. You just cut ND Pasted "MY SPELLING"??? , why you little dearie.

ANYWAY yes, smokey tasty kippers have a alight resemblance to Lapsang , to me however , it tastes like a creosote bush fire, with notes of smoldering mesquite. (Its an acquired taste).

PUEHR, tastes a bit like compost
hightor

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 05:30 am
I like my coffee black, no sugar. I've recently been moving toward light roasts, which is a real switch for me.
0 Replies

Johnherald444

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 05:43 am
It's my habit. And everyday I drink tea lying on the bad.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 06:50 am
@farmerman,
I'm quite lazy.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 07:18 am
@izzythepush,
love lapsang souchong, i think it tastes like a campfire
djjd62

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 07:23 am
i try to limit myself to one coffee a day

i have a large mug, put 1/2 cup milk in mug, microwave for 45 seconds, froth with hand frother, i then use one of those sit over the cup drip things, coffee, usually a breakfast blend of some kind, Cameron's is a recent fave, add a sprinkle of cinnamon to the coffee

rest of the day it's tea of some sort, recent obsession is tea pigs chilli chai, brewed strong with a touch of half and half
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 08:19 am
@farmerman,
I don't know since I now don't remember if they stirred the sugar in the cups or put it in first or last. Now I'll have to go back there and check.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 09:08 am
My personal favorite coffee is café au lait. Coffee that is moderately strong (definitely not bitter). Usually with 4 or 5 sugars.

If I'm drinking coffee, I usually only drink one cup (two at the most). On the other hand, I go to town on tea. There, I am a tea fiend.

Depending on the type of tea? Green = no milk, 2 or 3 sugars; Chai tea = liquid ton of milk and about 4 sugars; black teas? Depends on the type and quality. The better the tea = no milk. Sugar varies (but to the diabetic sweet side of things).
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 09:38 am
On Saturdays and Sundays I make myself an espresso-based drink. My
espresso machine has a built-in grinder so I've been experimenting with the
various parameters (amount and fineness of grind, how much pressure to
tamp) and am getting pretty close to just right. I like it dark with a nice
layer of crema. The machine also has a steam wand if I want a latte.

During the week I brew a couple of cups of Dunkin Dark in the morning. I
have one with breakfast and load the other into a travel mug for my
commute. Black, no sugar. At work I'll have a couple of cups from the
cafeteria during the day. I add a spoonful of Splenda as the company
coffee needs a little help. Later in the day, a co-worker and I often take
a short ride to Dunkies for an afternoon break. I get a medium black, hot.

My wife brews up a pot of decaf in the evening. I'll have a cup.

My favorite coffee treat is black coffee with a spoonful of black molasses
and a shot of dark rum.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 09:46 am
I drink tea in the morning with sugar.
I have several different types of tea and enjoy to drink them, depending on the time of the day, my mood and company or not.
The PG types I have enjoyed in GB and seen it in a Swedish store ans bought it of course.
I drink a big mug of coffee with milk and sugar at 11.00 o´clock.Then rest of the day usually tea.
If I have company in the afternoon for coffee lately serve it in nice coffeecups and not in mug. Also tea in real teacups.
The majority of herbal tea I do not like. Unfortunately they also have a lot of
polllutants
farmerman

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 09:59 am
@saab,
we grow and dry our own spearmint for spearmint tea.
Also mullein, which is a pleura expectorant if you have a chest coal.

The Amish brew some really fetid vile teas and poultices for sicknesses and infected cuts. ANYBODY whose seen the Harrison Ford Movie "Witness" will see that there was one thing the script writer got correct. My neighbor is a bishop qnd he hqd a "Pow-Wow" doctor make some dandelion, mullein qnd queen annes lqce teas for my sone when he was reqlly sick with pneumonia . Qfter coming from the hospitql qnd being all injected up with antibiotics, my neighbor (the bishop) hqd his wife bring this stuff home, My son got well (I think it was in spite of the tea, which kinda stank like a paper narcissus plqnt in flower) , sort of a hemical odor
izzythepush

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 10:17 am
@djjd62,
How are you on kippers?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 11:39 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
I am not a hot drink fan...

Same here. Usually my coffee sinks to room temperature before I'll drink it. Something about having my tongue, mouth and throat scalded, just doesn't appeal to me. Undoubtedly, this was helped when I was younger and could take 2 hours or more to finish dinner (weak throat muscles).
0 Replies

saab

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 11:40 am
@farmerman,
I have seen the "Witness" and I would never compare things grown in somebody´s own garden or area, nor what the Amish do, with what we can buy in the supermarkets.
What has been grown and used over centuries and developed into something which helps is good. The munks and nuns were experts in herbal and in those days it grew without all the junk which is added today in many areas.
Unfortunately much of their knowledge disappeared with the reformation.
Now it is coming back.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 01:37 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
tea pigs chilli chai

this ^^^ is good

if you can get

http://shop.distinctlytea.com/product/3101/CHILI-TRUFFLE-BLACK-50G/

give it a try

very good

http://images-nitrosell-com.akamaized.net/product_images/12/2843/4946.jpg

eye-rolling-back-good
hightor

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 07:06 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth, what a wonderful site for tea! Bookmarked for later perusal.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 07:31 pm
@hightor,
They are wonderful people.

Not a big company, but they've got terrific tea.

http://shop.distinctlytea.com/store/content/45/Our-Story/
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 09:33 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I like a spot of cream in coffee mind, but the very thought of it in tea makes me feel queasy.

Yeah, there's something about milk or cream in tea that's just WRONG!
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2017 09:40 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
3. NOW HOT CHOCOLATE, its gotta be Hershey syrup in steaming hot cup of WHOLE MILK (cmon people). Then we add bout 1/4 tsp of chili powder. Spicy hot chocolate. A meal in itelf. PLEASE, no marshmallows, are we savages?

I like to make it with the unsweetened cocoa powder on the stove top. This way I can add as much or little sugar and vanilla as I like. The last time I made it I added just a touch of chili powder. It's an interesting combination. I remember having a chocolate bar with chili a while back and liking it. I wonder what hot chocolate with ginger would be like? Maybe I'll give that a try next time.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 08:41 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

3. NOW HOT CHOCOLATE, its gotta be Hershey syrup in steaming hot cup of WHOLE MILK (cmon people). Then we add bout 1/4 tsp of chili powder. Spicy hot chocolate. A meal in itelf. PLEASE, no marshmallows, are we savages?

That's your hot chocolate?! That is the definition of savage! Actual hot chocolate doesn't come from powder or a nasty chocolate brown liquid containing very little cocoa (ya know. The stuff that makes chocolate chocolate).

Hot chocolate needs to be found on ... basically chopped up chocolate bars. You slowly melt them into hot milk.
https://i.imgur.com/KId6GEd.jpg
0 Replies