Halloween Candy: Actually, Candy Corn is Pretty Good!

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:17 pm
I was going to pass out some of those candy cigarettes to the kids this year, but I coudn't find any. So I used real cigarettes instead.

You should of seen the looks on their faces when they bit into a mouthful of tobacco. Priceless!

They started spitting the little pieces of paper and tobacco that was stuck in their mouths and saying stuff like "ewwww" or some of them just broke into tears.

Then a few of the parents raced from their cars, grabbed the kids, and said, "Damn you, Gus! Damn you to hell!"

Now the whole friggin town is mad at me. Just because I wanted to have some fun.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:19 pm
Parents. Always sticking their noses in and ruining the fun for everybody. It sickens me, I tell ya.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:23 pm
How do you people stand on licorice? Can't stand it myself.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:25 pm
I love black licorice and eat red on occasion.

Any other colors? Is there green licorice?
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:26 pm
Gus...you should have handed out Bic lighters too.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:36 pm
they got the chocolate licorice
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 10:36 pm
Yikes! With so many really good chocolates and
candies out there, why on earth would anyone
eat licorice?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 10:43 pm
licorice is goooood.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 10:50 pm
i love twizzlers
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 10:52 pm
I like real, old fashioned licorice.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 10:53 pm
dont know the difference
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 10:57 pm
Do you know of a health food store nearby? If so, go in and look for panda brand licorice.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 10:57 pm
I don't know what a twizzler is, sniff.

I don't like licorice, used to hate Good n'Plenty when I was a child.

I have always liked candy corn. However, I am a stickler, as I believe it is valuable to bite off the yellow tip before eating the orange part.

One of our neighbors made real home made caramel apples.. but that wasn't at halloween, it was after we came back from ice skating..
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 11:04 pm
Caramel apples are good, but you should try a caramel covered potato! Pure heaven. I'm thinking of opening a caramel covered potato stand on 45th street in Times Square. It's gonna be big!
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 11:11 pm
kickycan wrote:
Caramel apples are good, but you should try a caramel covered potato! Pure heaven. I'm thinking of opening a caramel covered potato stand on 45th street in Times Square. It's gonna be big!

Sounds like something a contestant on fear factor would have to eat.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 11:19 pm
I've never eaten candy corn, should I start?

Last night after pilfering through my kids goody bags, I made a couple of observations.
Kids get way more chocolate than we ever did as kids. Freezees and swimming pool gift certificates are cool ideas. Nobody gives out spits, caramels, rice crispy squares or mojos anymore and people give out cans of pop??? Pretty heavy for the little tykes.
What disturbed me the most, as an environmentaly friendly kinda gal was....Chips and nachos are 7 to a bag or there abouts. I mean, all that garbage for a few flakes, why bother?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 11:35 pm
Ooh, your mention of caramels made me remember my all-time favorite candy. Those caramel creme thingies? Is that what you are talking about? They have a caramel outside and then the sweetest plug of white creamy sugar right in the center? Oh my god, now I have to go out and get some of those damn things as soon as possible!
colorbook

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 11:38 pm
My mom and dad gave out cans of Pepsi; kids had their choice of that, or a big Hershey bar.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 12:11 am
Kick, I can honestly say I don't think I've ever tried one. Sounds all gushy. yummm~
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 12:45 am
Ceili, they are delicous! You ought to have someone mail some to you! I will :-)

I'll be your 'supplier'.
0 Replies