Simpsons/Family Guy

Seed

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 09:34 pm
Which one do you like best? Favorite lines from the shows?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,216 • Replies: 17
No top replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 03:30 pm
"The Simpsons" jumped the shark about six or seven years ago -- right around the time that Barney stopped drinking. "Family Guy" was consistently, and outrageously, funny from the very first episode. I have the first season on dvd, and will undoubtedly be buying the second/third season dvds in the future.

And, on its good days, "Futurama" was funnier than either of them.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 03:38 pm
I laugh more at the Simpson, but I laugh harder and longer at Family Guy. Favorite line/piece is when Peter is Jabba The Hutt, and says the lines in alien-speak.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 07:59 pm
i must agree with you GD... one of my favs is when the family goes to the south cus chris is in the witness protection program and the raccoon keeps popping out of everything...
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 02:50 am
How about when they go camping and Chris is glad to get away from the evil monkey that lives in his bedroom? I also agree with Joe that Futurama's just edges them both for me. It's faster paced than either as well.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 10:37 pm
i heard that there is a new season of family guy coming on fox this jan.? i think it might be jan... not to sure... but im excited...
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:57 pm
I slightly prefer Family Guy.

My favorite moments are:

- In the episode where Peter is sent to trial and then is sentenced and everybody says "oh no" and the Kool Aid man breaks the wall and yells "oh yeah".
- Death comes to the Griffin home and laughs... a lot.
- Peter falls down and grabs his knee in pain... a lot.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 10:00 pm
glad to see you joining the thread Joe... always enjoy your comments... when peter grabs his knee is classic... i like the family fight... or when peter tells lois to cook anyways and throw it out cus he didnt want her to get rusty
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 10:32 pm
"can I count to three? my goodness, im already shooting on a fifth grade level"

what does that say about the school system?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 06:37 pm
"I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!"
--Homer Simpson

I confess to never having seen "The Family Guy". I don't get to watch "The Simpsons" much either but there are so many Portland jokes burried in "The Simpsons" that I can't help but love it, as all Portlanders do.

Same with Callahan.
0 Replies

andham

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 06:38 pm
Hmm Simpson eh?
We had this debate ages ago, but then it was ren and Stimpy or the Simpsons. Simpsons has be up there as one the best as it is still going and is still funny. Family Guy is fantastic too as is Futarama.

I thnk that family guy does it for me though, when series 3 came out on DVD and video here in the UK it became a best seller and it was only show late night on Ch4. That says something.

Best line has to go to futarama though. Bender"take that beethoven you deaf bastard"
0 Replies

angelhaze20

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 04:22 pm
Probably "The Simpsons" because I've seen more episodes of it than I have seen of "Family Guy." However, I do have a DVD set of "Family Guy" and not one of "The Simpsons." Razz
0 Replies

MzDaizy

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 06:02 pm
I have my own personal Stewie at home, so I think that I'll have to veer to Family Guy. Although the Simpsons is a time-honored tradition that will never go out of style, I believe that I relate better to the characters of Family Guy...not sure if that says much for me though....
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 07:14 pm
Stewie is a psychotic savant, hes a Jeffrie Daumer waiting to pupate. The Simpsons always has a covert moral
0 Replies

Duke of Lancaster

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 01:29 am
Both shows are funny, but if I were to choose between the two.....I'd choose Family Guy lol. That show is hilarious. Did anyone see the Jewish episode??? Laughing
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 03:37 am
I watched a program called "100 Greatest Cartoons" on one of our main TV channels over the weekend (a 3 hour feast, btw) and The Simpsons was voted (by the British public) as no.1, and Family Guy came a surprising 5th. Lots of people here have never even heard of Family Guy, as it's been cancelled and reinstated many times, and its late-night slot can't compete for popularity against The Simpsons, which gets shown at 6pm.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 03:39 am
I gonna start a thread about it, because it's a good topic I think. Cartoons have always been cool!
0 Replies

smog

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 04:08 am
joefromchicago wrote:
And, on its good days, "Futurama" was funnier than either of them.

What he said.
0 Replies