LETS FIX HIS ADMINISTRATION-What should the president focus on first

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2017 07:27 am
I say that he oughta quit this ego driven focus an concentrate on INFRASTRUCTURE REPAIR . Its almost a no brainer.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 12 • Views: 2,358 • Replies: 87

blatham

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2017 07:35 am
@farmerman,
That would be smart. Also responsible. But I think there's little chance it will happen because the real power surrounding Trump want many other things much more than infrastructure and because the anti-spending/anti-tax ideology is ascendant in his party. Also, it isn't sexy in the manner his base gets turned on by - ENEMIES ARE ALL AROUND US AND AMONG US!
farmerman

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2017 07:55 am
@blatham,
What you say is certainly true but Trump's ship needs some major rediretecting. I was listening to a Canadian discussion on XM about the "wise thing for him to do if he wants some legislation passed in his first two years"
blatham

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2017 08:03 am
@farmerman,
Undoubtedly you're right. This would be the correct/smart thing for him to do politically. As Elizabeth Drew said in her interview with Ezra Klein at Vox, the present situation is just not sustainable (she equated this with Nixon during Watergate). She also doesn't expect him to last four years, by the way. I don't know what the hell is going to happen because that party is just so fucked up in so many ways now. But I do hope he is capable of moving on infrastructure. It's damned important.

When Jane and I had our store in Portland (in Nob Hill, the key boutique shopping area) the city ripped up our street and it was a mess for several months at the beginning of the big shopping period. Many stores were really pissed at the drop in people coming in but I wasn't because replacing water, sewer and electrical just had to be done.
farmerman

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2017 09:18 am
@blatham,
first(and this is where the major problems lie), Trump must recognize that hes dug himself a hole into which he is settling in. There will come a time when even his most rabid supporters will begin to distance themselves from him.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2017 09:59 am
The ones in congress are taking advantage to pass their favorite bills. Once they have done all they can, they will have time to care about Trump.
farmerman

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2017 10:04 am
@edgarblythe,
remember, he has to sign them
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2017 10:26 am
@farmerman,
That's when they will start to care. Smile
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2017 02:29 pm
@farmerman,
Quote farmerman:
Quote:
Trump must recognize that hes dug himself a hole into which he is settling in. There will come a time when even his most rabid supporters will begin to distance themselves from him.

Good. Because I think the way forward is to investigate the various scandals, especially those concerning Russia, until it becomes obvious he has to leave office.

I wish I could be more positive, but I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel with Trump in charge. And although the markets so far are reacting positively to Trump's election, history has shown that markets and economies react well to stability and badly to instability. When foreign investors lose confidence in the United States economy, bad news happens. And Trump is not going to do anything to boost confidence in this country.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2017 03:04 pm
@Blickers,
That makes sense to me, Blickers: from some on a2k and elsewhere, I see us in the US as in a thicket of burrs and odd bugs and rattlesnakes and black widows, and basic structural unhinging. Not only that, it is going fast, like an old commercial for Anacin.

Lest I be called both racist and biased, I've lived in houses with black widow spiders (this started when I was about seven). I still live in one, and I'll not forget chasing one in my sink, but I think they don't want to see me either. I've been around rattlesnakes on some of our landscape jobs in CA and they are here too. Every so often, I should renew instructions for avoiding rattlesnake bites, but so far so good. Same with a2k.

I think this government crew is interesting, of course, history-wise.
They or it got a jump on us re how strong all this has been growing.

At the same time, I have long known quite sane Republicans, my mother, for example. Yes, she wanted the government to pay Catholic schools. My father and I disagreed, even when I was still religious. I still know sane Republicans.
farmerman

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2017 03:45 pm
@Blickers,
Im Assuming he makes it through all these kerfuffles. I dont want four years of SNL style governance. If it turn out that
1. he had no knowledge or th whole thing was conveniently deniable, or

2. there is no credible evidence against him

He will arise even stronger among his base. The majority of the country, even though it be anti Trump, has no option but to live out his 4 yar administration and work hard to make sure its his only one.
The Dems did not take him seriously and had a weak candidate who had no clue about politics.

If the jobs dont return, he is rotten meat. But I dont want to lose his "Market bump"
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2017 03:47 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I followed and agreed with everything except the middle paragraph about the spiders and rattlers. I missed the significance
jcboy

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2017 03:52 pm
I don't think it can be fixed. If Dems would just stand back and let the GOP start arguing with each other for a change. You know they want to.

I say enjoy the bloodbath. Cool
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2017 04:08 pm
@farmerman,
I rattle on, as you know. I was saying things can get to quite a thicket, and go downhill from there (or so I meant). I worry about the thicket.
The ref to black widow spiders, etc. was that I could be called racist, or, eek, biased. That's a reference to a Cobbler thread, and what the meaning of the word bias means.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2017 04:21 pm
@jcboy,
Yeah, but the wrong guys (usually guys) can win.

I get your point, though. Slugathon!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2017 09:57 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
LETS FIX HIS ADMINISTRATION-What should the president focus on first

What needs fixing? The first thing he is going to do is restructure Obamacare to suit his tastes. The second thing he is going to do is pass a big tax cut.
oralloy

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2017 10:00 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
first(and this is where the major problems lie), Trump must recognize that hes dug himself a hole into which he is settling in. There will come a time when even his most rabid supporters will begin to distance themselves from him.

What is this supposed hole?
oralloy

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2017 10:02 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Good. Because I think the way forward is to investigate the various scandals, especially those concerning Russia, until it becomes obvious he has to leave office.

Trump will not have to leave office until the end of his second term. The Republicans will control the White House for the next 20 years.

If the Democrats keep talking about Russia, that will not change anything or mean anything.
farmerman

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2017 04:44 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
What needs fixing? The first thing he is going to do is restructure Obamacare to suit his tastes
Thats pretty much the way he thinks. Hes trying too be an Obama when, , he may not get any legislation passed this year
farmerman

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2017 04:49 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
What is this supposed hole?

Most of it is based on his disrespect for truth.

1. Forums
  2. » LETS FIX HIS ADMINISTRATION-What should the president focus on first
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 04:54:55