Full moon over palms: my first attempt

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 07:10 pm
This is my first attempt at using pastels. I don't think I'm finished but I'd like to hear what you all think. Lemme know, thanks.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UQAjA7QW4Gr1cd8k5!cyuv4qu2D34*hler*Yj5dKVBMZchseELJnQLQ2zG6GTGau4yeiyz2Rjxj!kcbsnPy4!p5J9m4JUILgTZz2WmQDEktjK4vN7qhkPPPeYpMa0Wba/P1010022%20(2).JPG
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 675 • Replies: 3
No top replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 07:11 pm
P.S. the fixative I used left blochy dots and the picture changes the way it looks a little.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 08:13 pm
actually, it looked like hiroshima to me at first glance! but don't worry, I see it...

this is an interesting thing you are doing, it is not easy to hide an image among colors. very suggestive

do not worry about the blotchiness. in fact, you might even try to create a little of your own blotchiness...push yourself, and see how far you can hide that image among the myriad of colors without decieving the viewer completely...we, viewers, like interesting things to look at
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 01:44 pm
Stuh, I'm confused by what you mean when you say I am hiding the image among colors and such. Do you mean to see how i can add the blurring effect and keep the picture recognizable? By the way, thanks so much for responding, I always welcome help and advice on art stuff.
0 Replies