Problem with 1990 ACURA Integra GS cooling fan

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 08:03 am
My 1990 GS cooling fan and auxillary (a/c condensor) fan come on all the time when the ignition is switched on. I have looked at the repair manual on the car and it shows a temperature switch that sends the signal to the fan relay to turn it on. The book says the switch is located on the cylinder head on the firewall side. I cannot locate this switch Any help would be appreciated. Also, the A/C fan is showed to have an oil temp switch in the circuit. Any idea of where that is would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,662 • Replies: 3
No top replies

CUONGBOSCH

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 05:02 pm
Re: Problem with 1990 ACURA Integra GS cooling fan
I've the same problem with the cooling fan too. It just happened this fall. The fan keeps running after I shut off the engine until the battery is ran out of juice. Someone told me that the relay is bad but I've not had time to check it out yet. I wonder if you've solved your problem? If you did, show me so I can fix mine. Thanks.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 05:34 pm
Maybe you'll get lucky and get rear ended and have the car totalled out. That's how we got rid of our '87 Integra.

Luckily no one was hurt.
0 Replies

RJetPilot

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 10:52 am
Re: Problem with 1990 ACURA Integra GS cooling fan
CUONGBOSCH wrote:
I've the same problem with the cooling fan too. It just happened this fall. The fan keeps running after I shut off the engine until the battery is ran out of juice. Someone told me that the relay is bad but I've not had time to check it out yet. I wonder if you've solved your problem? If you did, show me so I can fix mine. Thanks.

I have the same problem! Did you figure out a fix?
0 Replies