Broken glass, need help!

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2017 05:23 pm
I dropped a lid from a glass container on my ceramic floor. It smashed everywhere on my ceramics, on my hardwood floor and my area carpet. I picked up the bits, vacuumed, and washed the floor. There were still glass shards on the floor that are too small to see. Then I got the vacuum out again and while I was vacuuming was cutting my hands. The shards got on the vacuum. I couldn't clean it off well enough nor can I see it so eventually I threw out the vacuum. Then I tried a Swiffer both dry and wet pads about 6 times. I still have glass on the floor, so I got a shop vac and vacuumed it up with that. I still had glass so I got down on the floor scrubbed it with the brush and wiped it all up with paper towel. Still on the floor. Another wash and still glass. I've been very careful cleaning all the floor but I don't understand why it's not coming off. I have a small dog so it's very important for me to get it cleaned up. Does anybody have any suggestions of what I can do to get this off my floor? Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,197 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2017 06:50 pm
@Cgreen219,
A professional cleaning service? Otherwise, you seem to have gone to rather heroic measures.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2017 07:22 pm
@jespah,
I did this myself, recently, not usual, but also happens. My pot, heavy before there is anything in it, was too heavy for me, and I dropped it slightly and then it tilted all the way.

I cleaned it up.

You have broken glass?
you sound as if you are dealing with a few glass shards. Buy a broom.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2017 10:10 pm
@Cgreen219,
Go buy yourself some soft Wonder bread and press down one slice after the
other on the floor where the glass broke and work your way through the area. The soft bread will absorb even the smallest particles of glass.

I know this from experience - I drop something breakable now and then and also need to be careful with my little dog who is constantly in the kitchen licking up something .
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2017 10:17 pm
@CalamityJane,
that's helpful and hi to your doggies..
CameronWebber

Reply Mon 22 May, 2017 04:42 am
@ossobucotemp,
Good advice, I had this to deal with once. Luckily I just had a win on the slots so I was able to pay a company who took care of this for us. Now we are building a new kitchen, love home improvements!
0 Replies

JannyJane

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2017 01:44 am
@Cgreen219,
Difficult to clean up the very small glass shards? I used to use the tape to paste the small glass shards, also can protect your hands when you clean up the broken glass, you can try with this method, hope this can help you.
0 Replies